[ 28 ] some of us are human

028. SOME OF US
ARE HUMAN

🎶 fade into you — mazzy star

                   STILES HELD HER, he held her as tightly as she held him. Her words lingered in the air as her tears dampened his shirt, while he thought of all the possibilities, how bad it could really be.

"Everything that's happened, everything that's going to happen— it's all my fault."

Stiles had known that something had been eating away at her for weeks, he just figured it was the fact she slept with Theo in New Orleans that was making her so anxious around him. That night when she told him "I don't deserve you", he figured that's what she had to be talking about. But he'd forgiven her for that, he never should've been angry in the first place, he knew they weren't together back then.

But now he was forced to face the fact that there was more— that there was worse.

"You can tell me anything, baby..." Stiles whispered in her ear with his arms cradled around her back, "Whatever it is— we'll figure it out together, I promise."

Aspen wiped her eyes dry and pulled away from him, trying to calm her heart rate as she sat there beside him, attempting to look him in the eyes again.

"Everything that Theo's done, everything he's planning to do to all of us—" Aspen said to him in a shaky whisper, "He got it all from me...."

Stiles tried to stay calm for her sake and for his own. He stayed still and quiet, looking into her eyes intently, holding her hands with his, waiting patiently for her to explain.

"His coming here," she began, "his need to become a part of Scott's pack— his whole sob story about how he had no one else, it was all my idea. I'm the one that put it all in his head— and now he's back to carry it out..."

"Asp..." Stiles said with a look of intrigue, "What idea— what plan?"

"Splitting us all up," Aspen said as she shook her head in shame, "You and me, you and Scott— Scott and me... he wants us all isolated and vulnerable..."

"Isolated and vulnerable for what?" Stiles asked, his tone lacking sympathy and now filled with a sense of fear, "What does he want, Aspen? What did you tell him to do?"

Aspen continued to shake her head, her eyes glancing between meeting his and staring at the ground. She was filled with shame and embarrassment, along with all the guilt that was there before.

"It's Scott—" she finally managed to speak with a shaky breath,

"He wants to kill Scott..."