Back At It Again

Hello darlings I'm back. Sorry about the late chapter I was too busy with band camp. But hopefully will update more frequently. Not fully spell checked!:)
🐺🐍🐺🐍🐺🐍🐺🐍🐺🐍🐺🐍🐺🐍🐺
Back in Marmalade's lair, the professor's plan was going exactly as it should. While armored cash trucks shot across the city to Marmalade's very own charity destinations, his army of mind-controlled guinea pigs were in hot pursuit.

"Faster, faster my little pigs!" Marmalade cooed from inside his mind-control helmet.

He laughed as he watched his little amy on-screen. As they overtook the trucks, the cash-mobiles were each turned around and rerouted to their new destination, Marmalade's compound! Soon, all of that money would be his, and his alone!

But little did he know, you, Wolf, and Diane were heading there now-and we had a plan of our own to stop him. As we sped up to Marmalade's compound, Diane double -checked that we were on the same page with the plan.

"Okay, once we steal the meteorite, we take it straight to the police—"

"And all will be forgiven," Wolf added.

You glanced over at Wolf. You weren't sure about all because y'all have done many, many things in your past that would not be pushed aside.

"I don't know about all. But it's a start." Diane said as she glanced at Wolf.

As soon as we arrived at the compound, Diane, you, and Wolf got to work trying to sneak into the meteorite room through an opening in the ceiling. Just as they made it in and were about to grab the meteorite, Wolf noticed the Golden Dolphin—sitting on a pedestal nearby.

"That's strange," Wolf mused. "Why would Marmalade just leave the Golden Dolphin here, unprotected?"

"Maybe it's a trap..." Diane suggested.

You nodded agreeing with her. "Yeah... don't touch it."

"Or maybe..." Wolf said, then reached out and grabbed the Golden Dolphin. But when he wrapped his hands around it, an alarm went off.

"Yeah," Wolf muttered. "It was a trap."

"I love you darling, but next time listen to us." You said staring at him with a straight face.

"Noted." Wolf quiped just before we were all joled with a last of electric current, and everything went black.

A few minutes later, we were all hung upside down by our feet, while Marmalade paced back and forth in front of us. He'd donned a gold-spandex jumpsuit, along with his mind controlling helmet, that looked very much the part of evil villain.

"Well, well..." he said, drumming his fingers together. "If it isn't my prize pupils. And you've brought me the governor! Or should I say the Crimson Paw and the F/C Paw."

He flipped Diane's diamond ring that had hung around your neck. It was now in his tiny grasp.

"I have commend you: what an ingenious way to disguise the Zumpango Diamond. Hiding it in plain sight."

He flicked the diamond out of Diane's ring, and it sparkled just like the legendary did– before it was stolen.

"No way!" Wolf gasped, turning to you, impressed but also a little embarrassed he hadn't recognized the diamond himself.

"I'm sentimental like that," you said, giving Diane a small smile which she returned.

"You always did have panache," Marmalade told you and Diane. "And yet: You both still fell into my trap."

You then interrupted. "Well technically it wasn't our fault Wolf..."

Wolf then cut you off "Shush!" he whisper yelled in your face.