bully

g!p

i walked out of the locker room, dreading the next hour and thirty minutes. today was the first day of basketball practice. i had always enjoyed basketball. in fact, it was my favorite and only sport i played. but when i moved here i had no idea id be on the same team as my high-school bully.

billie has been the all star basketball player since her freshman year, we're talking like quarterback status in the school. she was definitely considered a jock in my book. when i moved here at the beginning of senior, she decided to pick on me for no particular reason. and sure, i wasn't really popular or anything but i also wasn't a "weird kid".

regardless of billie being my bully, i had a crush on her. when she didn't have me shoved against a locker spitting insults in my face, i was admiring her laughing and joking around with her friends. she was hot and i couldn't deny that. i would never admit it out loud though.

"okay everyone get a ball and stand against the wall." coach gibbs yelled. i sighed, and looked around for a ball. as i made my way over to the wall i ran into something solid. i looked up at an annoyed face. of course it was billie. my eyes scanned her body, her toned arms holding her ball and half of her hair tied up behind her head leaving a few strands to frame her face.

"watch where you're going, sunshine." she looked down at me, chewing her gum aggressively. her go to insult was my name, id never hated it as much as now because of her.

"sorry." i mumbled, trying to walk past her. but she stopped me, grabbing my wrist and pulling me toward her.

"hey, since when did you decide to join basketball?" she asked in a disapproving tone. the grip she had on my wrist was starting to hurt so i jerked it away quickly.

"none of your business." i said quietly.

"you know you really shouldn't talk to me like that. i would hate for you to have to see me angry." she shook her head and walked over to the wall, showing off by bouncing the ball between her legs. i followed shortly after, not wanting to get yelled at by coach for being late. i had no idea what she was talking about since it seemed like i saw her angry side every day in the halls.

"alright since we're all seniors in here and hopefully we all know how to dribble, im gonna skip all of that and pair you up. one of you is going to shoot the ball and then immediately block out your partner. take turns doing that until i tell you to stop. does everyone understand?" coach gibbs asked. everyone hummed in approval. he looked down at his clipboard and started calling out pair of names.

"emily you're with annabel, and sunny... you're with billie." he said. my stomach sank and i immediately felt like i wanted to die. billie audibly groaned and mumbled something under her breath making her little friends giggle. i walked up to coach gibbs, staring at my feet to whole time. i knew i was probably going to get yelled at for what i was about to do but i was better than the alternative.

"coach, do you think you could pair me up with someone else?" my voice quiet so no one could hear me.

"nope. sorry, kiddo." he shook his head. at least he didnt talk at me like i thought he would.

"okay." i sighed and walked over to her hesitantly.

"can we just get this over with, please?" i felt my cheeks flushing at the thought of her saying something to embarrass me in front of her friends. but to my surprise she didn't say much, she just cleared her throat and walked towards one of the open goals with me following after her. she set her ball down on one of the bleachers before looking at me.