Chapter 22

Escaping My Mind

~~~~~~~~~

I tried to think about the last few days.

I tried to remember my REAL REAL life. The one with the fairies and wolves I mean.

The last few days were a blur. As if I really were in a dream. 

I tried pinching myself. No dice.

I tried stabbing myself with a knife... okay so I only cut my finger on purpose and then dropped the knife on accident and it went through my foot.

Mom took me to the ER saying its not my fault,  only just woke up from a coma.

The only thing is... nothing hurt.

Nothing woke me up.

And nothing got me back to my real family. Sorry mom, in reality you died and I have no memories other than a few.

I even tried contacting Leila again, but I didn't know how. It's not like I ever contacted her before.

Stupid one way spirit communication.

When she brought me home she was asking about what the hell I was doing. 

"Mom, I think I'm still in a coma and this is a dream. There's really no way for me to explain, but... I'm sure."

"Sweetie, you're not in a dream. You were in a coma for seven years. You just need to adjust back to your life."

I just shook my head and stared blankly out the window.

When I was safely back in my room, I started trying to figure out if my magic still worked.

A tiny spark came from my fingers, but that was it. I tried to close my eyes and concentrate on home.

"Mom? Mommy wake up!" I could just barely hear Eri. My Eri. 

If only I could contact them. Talk to them. Wake up.

I spent days laying on my bed. I didn't go to school. I didn't answer any texts from Aiden or talk to my mom. I spent hours sitting under the hot shower water and taking baths.

Finally, Clarissa came into my room. 

"Hey, I may only be seven, but I know there's something wrong. Tell me whats going on with you."

"You wouldn't understand. Nobody here will." 

"Is it about when yo were in a coma?" She asked. She came over to me, sitting down on my bed and petting my hair.

"I'm still in a coma. You're the dream. You, mom, Aiden. You're not real. You're just my imagination." I replied.

Her face scrunched up and she started to whimper.

"Just go away." I mumbled.

She slammed the door on her way out, and I turned over, staring at the closed door.

"Adrianna where are you?" I whispered.

Anabelle. Anabelle help me!

I sat up in surprise.

"Adrianna? You're still with me?"

Ana I won't be able to survive for long. I need your help! Without you, my spirit will fade. I won't be able to live on in the spirit world. You must take me there.

"How? Where are you? I'm stuck in a coma or something."

You must wake up. You must take me back to the spirit world. 

I began to see a little blue ball of light. It shimmered in the shape of Adrianna's figure. I lifted a hand, trying to see if I could touch it or if I was just imagining stuff.

"But how? How do I wake up?" The light flickered when I touched it, and it grew brighter.

I will lead you out, you must first fall asleep.

Great. Now I was too hyped up to fall asleep.

I heard a faint humming. She was singing to me.

Suddenly my eyes felt extremely heavy.

My head fell on the bed and the last thing I remembered was my mom coming in, at first angry, then confused. She was screaming my name, Clarissa looking curiously at me from the doorway.

~~~~~~~~~

End Chapter 22.