[ Chapter 13 ]

HAPPY READING❣️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There were two hot topics in Ping City during July. One was Wen RouHan’s funeral.

Wang Yibo’s “we’ll talk about it when he makes it out alive.” Became a prophecy.

In life, Wen RouHan had been all about ostentation. But the number of people who attended his funeral could be counted on one hand. A lot of his property had been transferred under his son’s name. To protect his precious treasures, he had sent his son to an island country that didn’t have extradition ordinances.

Wen RouHan had once been bold and ambitious enough to try and topple Wang Yibo. He had wanted to switch a civet for the crown prince with the fake AL and cause Wang Yibo to suffer enormous losses. Later on, when he had been diagnosed with last stage cancer, he had also wanted to create a path for success for his son, so that even without him, he could still live a carefree and unbothered life in Ping City. But ultimately, he failed in both endeavours.

The hospital had issued two critically ill notices for him; he died at midnight. Only one of his loyal subordinates was left. He sent invitations to all people. Wen RouHan had been on good terms with before, but during the funeral procession, only a large squad of police were present. They were in charge of making a detailed record of the identities of all the guest who attended. The rise and fall of towers always invoked the most sighs.

The other hot topic was Wang Corporation’s and Xiao Investment’s mysterious and confusing relationship.

Everyone believed that as soon as Wen RouHan fell from power, the fragile three way relationship would collapse. Wang Yibo would start fucking with Sean. Nobody expected for Xiao Investment to continue being hold and overbearing, showing no signs of restraint whatsoever. The people had originally been waiting for drama to unfold, but they waited until the flowers had waited and still nothing happened.

Regarding this, the second-in-command at Xiao Investment, Mr. Song JiYang, had nothing to say. The phrase Wang Yibo fucking with Sean technically wasn’t wrong. It was just that nobody knew they were literally fucking.

Wang Yibo’s friend Jili had been held back by his family these past few days. He had been locked uo in a mountain for a period of time, so was far away from the gossip of Ping City. Now that he was back, he needed to declare his triumphant return to the party scene, so told people to invite him to everything.

He tried to meet up with Wang Yibo, but Wang Yibo refused. He said he was busy being in a relationship.

Jili thought of how protective Wang Yibo had been of Xiao Zhan that last time they went to country U and gave up on trying to persuade him.

The day after island’s airport had been bombed, Jili finally got in contact with Wang Yibo. On the other end of the call, Wang Yibo said that he was already in Ping City. Jili was on a planet back to the mainland, too. Upon hearing that Wang Yibo was fine, he didn’t bother asking anything else. His family said that a religious master had calculated that there was a misfortune awaiting him. Thus, they forced him to go to a Buddhist Mountain to become vegetarian and drum a wooden fish. They had taken away all his communication devises; all he did everyday was recite Buddhist mantras. They keep him there for a month before allowing him to leave.

Jili arrived in the metropolitan Ping City after escaping the mountain. He was like a wild horse that had been free from it’s restrains, making plans with friends and companions left and right. Wang Yibo didn’t have time, so he found Wang ZhuoCheng and Meng Zi Yi to go sea fishing with him.