| Chapter 7 |

Wang Yibo refused to personally ask. It was a good thing, then, that Wang HuoXuan was surprisingly understanding for once, because the next day, he brought over a piece of paper with eight digits written on it.

Wang Yibo asked Wang HuoXuan what the number was for. Wang HuoXuan said, "Xiao Zhan's phone number."

He waited until Wang HuoXuan left, then immediately entered the number on the paper into his phone and pressed call. After two or three rings, Xiao Zhan picked up. He seemed to be in a very empty and quiet space. Xiao Zhan said, "Hello."

"It's me," Wang Yibo said as he spun the fountain pen between his fingers. "What are you doing?"

It sounded like Xiao Zhan had stopped breathing for a couple seconds before asking in response, "Mr. Wang?"

"Un." Though Wang Yibo didn't want to admit it, he truly was a lot more amicable to Xiao Zhan now than to anyone else.

"I'm at the library," Xiao Zhan said, "Writing my thesis."

"What thesis?" Wang Yibo followed up with.

Xiao Zhan didn't think Wang Yibo would be interested in his studies, but answered honestly anyways. "A paper discussing the relationship between the recent history of Europe and its literary past."

Wang Yibo digested his answer for two seconds before saying okay. 

"What about Mr. Wang?" Xiao Zhan left the library. The background noise sounded like it came from outside.

If it were anyone else asking Wang Yibo what he was doing, the best response they could expect from Wang Yibo was no response. If he wasn't in a good mood, he would tell that person to git. Now that it was Xiao Zhan asking, though, Wang Yibo said, "Working."

"Oh......" Xiao Zhan dragged the syllable out.

"You don't believe me?" Wang Yibo threw down his pen and stood up. He strode over to his floor-to-ceiling glass windows and looked outside. The sky was overcast like it was about to rain.

"Of course I do." Xiao Zhan hurriedly coaxed him, "Then you do what you need to."

Wang Yibo wasn't fooled. He asked Xiao Zhan, "Are you very busy?"

"No......" Xiao Zhan answered hesitantly.

"I'll need to head out of town tomorrow," Wang Yibo said.

Xiao Zhan went "oh" and remained silent afterwards. Wang Yibo was extremely displeased. "Nothing you want to say?"

"What should I say?" Xiao Zhan truly didn't know what Wang Yibo was trying to get at. He could only follow his cues and ask, "How many days is Mr. Wang going?"

"Three days," Wang Yibo responded. "Two nights. I'll find you when I'm back."

Xiao Zhan listened quietly on the other end, then said okay. 

After hanging up, Wang Yibo pondered a bit before realizing that there was no difference between before he had sent Xiao Zhan away and after. He could still see him when he wanted to and could still take advantage of him if he wanted to. This was a pretty cost-effective transaction.

Wang Yibo valued his own life. When he went to Laos, he travelled by private jet and brought a planeful of bodyguards. 

As soon as he landed, the negotiator greeted him and his bodyguards. They all headed to the hotel. He had an expert who he brought along to examine the goods and determine their quality; they were truly up to standard. However, he was still suspicious about the source of the goods.