Chapter 41

Everything happened so fast.

One second Dominic’s lips were on hers.

The next they were not as Adriano furiously marched over to them and grabbed him by the collar, before passing a bone-crushing punch squarely on Dom’s jaw.

Dom fell to the floor with a mighty thud, and Ximena shrieked in horror. But Adriano didn’t stop, lifting him by his shirt and continuing to beat the crap out of him. Dom, however, also managed to break free of Adriano’s vice like grip and landed a punch here, a kick there. No matter how much she yelled at them stop, she inevitably had to call in security before they tore each other to pieces.

Although Adriano was sporting a bruised cheek and bloody knuckles, Dom looked like he had been run over by a lorry. His hair was beyond disheveled, one eyes swollen and a busted lip. Ximena held her mouth, still not being able to wrap around what had just happened.

She couldn’t believe that Dom had kissed her!

But more importantly, did that mean Adriano had been right about him being practically in love with her?

“E-escort Dom to the infirmary please,” She instructed to one of the guards shakily, heart racing and eyes hazy with unshed tears. Not even once in her laugh had she ever witnessed two guy fight to brutally, and all because of her.

They nodded, helped Dom up and helped him out. His eyes, well one unswollen eye, lingered on her as he left the room. He held his head low in shame, and probably he was feeling bad about himself. Ximena couldn’t look at him in that state for too long, guilt threatening to constrict her. She knew very well that this was all her fault.

Adriano’s chest heaved up and down, perhaps due to the adrenaline that was still coursing in his veins. After the shock of being in a brawl, because let’s face it… it was like they had been in a WWE ring fight, his eyes flew over to Ximena.

“How could you?” he accused, his hoarse voice echoing in the office. His eyes were filled with hurt, anger and…tears?

Ximena marched over to him and shoved him. “What are you accusing me of, Dos Santos? He kissed ME not the other way round!” she screamed at him in frustration. Come on, she had told the guy that she was in love with him earlier and now he was basically making her seem like she had lied and then proceeded to have cheated on him.

“I told you that scumbag was into you but you didn’t listen! You should have just fired him when I warned you about him but no, you didn’t listen to reason. You are, after all, just a goddamned spoiled little brat who thinks she can have things go her way every time,” he spat at her. She made a move to slap him but he caught her hand before it could land home. “Don’t even try that, sweetheart. It hasn’t worked before, and it won’t work now.”

Her nostrils flared, her face contorting in anger. “And you are nothing but an insensitive, conceited brute!” she retorted venomously, simultaneously swallowing back a sob.

He chuckled humorlessly. “Apparently you are in love with this insensitive, conceited brute. Dime (tell me), how do you declare love for one man and then run into the arms of another a couple of hours later? Is it a Dos Ramos thing or…?” he mocked, lips quirking in a condescending smile.

Ximena ripped her hand from his grasp and used her free one to gift him a backhand slap. His head flew to the side, and he held it in that position. She turned her back towards him and motioned towards the door. “Get the hell out of my building before I have security throw you out,” she hiccupped, a few hot tears escaping her eyelids.

When she heard the door slam shut some seconds later, she sunk to the floor and let the floodgates open once again. This time nobody was around to comfort her or tell her soothing words. She felt so alone, even though the whole building was bustling with many people.