forward ⸻ 002

"Nessie!"

I lightly babbled out my sisters name as I wobbled over to her, able to walk already even thought it hadn't been that long.

Over the past two weeks, a lot had happened.

Mama woke up and she was even prettier than I remembered. She adored Nessie and I and played with us a much as she could, which was our favorite time of the day.

We also met the rest of our family and some of the wolves, too.

I learned that Jacob, the mean one that didn't like us at first, imprinted on Nessie. Mama wasn't very happy about that but Nessie seemed to be taking it okay.

She liked Jacob, and it made me a little jealous not wolves had imprinted on me.

I did enjoy spending time with Seth, though. He was nice and really funny, often helping me torment Jacob whenever I couldn't.

Nessie didn't like that but oh well. Daddy thought it was pretty funny and secretly urged me to do it.

During that time also, I had grown. Like a lot.

After two weeks, I was already two years old, developing faster than anyone had expected. Nessie still looked like she was about six months old, but it was clear she was more human than I was.

Nessie ate more human food than blood and I drank more blood than human food. I did like food, but I found that it didn't quite sustain me like blood did.

Daddy and grandpa Carlisle also concluded that I was venomous. Reneesme was not. Which meant that I had to be careful about biting any of the wolves.

I was okay with growing fast though. Everyday was a new adventure.

Like today.

Today, we were meeting our other grandpa, Charlie. Mommy said he was human and that I couldn't bite because I'd hurt him. Currently, she was being trained to do the same.

In the meantime while we waited, I played with sister and some toys.

Daddy laughed proudly as I said her name, getting better at my words.

"Atta girl!" Uncle Emmett was impressed, too. "Now, can you say 'Emmett?'"

"Emmy!" That was closest I could get to it. But nevertheless, everyone was still proud.

Nessie frowned a little at the attention I was getting, sad she couldn't talk too. She let me know in her thoughts and I sighed.

'Don't worry Ness. You'll get there one day,' I assured her mentally.

'I just wanna be grown up like you, Daddy and Mama are,' She pouted, pressing her hand to my face.

'And you will. Give it time,' I promised.

"It's amazing how they can communicate without actually speaking," Grandpa commented.

"They're extraordinary, aren't they?" Grandma smiled.

"That they are." Grandpa said.

Soon though, everybody began to leave as Charlie left. Nessie and I were kept with Grandma and Grandpa until it was time to be introduced.

When we were, Grandpa Charlie was surprised.

"They have your eyes, Bella," He noticed, making mommy smile.

"Yeah," She lightly stroked my cheek making me giggle.

"And Edward's smile, apparently."

It was clear he didn't believe we were adopted. But he didn't seem to mind much, staying a bit longer to play with us and then leaving.

'He was really nice,' I told Daddy in his head. I couldn't reach mommy cause of her gift.

"What's she saying?" Mommy wondered.

"She says Charlie is very nice," Daddy said with a crooked smile.

Mommy grinned.

"I'm glad you liked him, sweetheart," She said. "Now let's go get something to eat, yeah?"