part 7

I woke hearing Ponyboy calling Johnny's name so I thought he must've left to go buy food. I woke up and told Ponyboy,"  Maybe he's gone to get food." No one knows this but I have two blades but one is really a comb. I hate having messy hair. I went outside to where the pump was and wet my hair a bit so it was easier to comb. We waited for Johnny to get back. We told each other stories, but Pony was really interested in knowing what my life was like in New York because from telling stories he thought it was awesome but it wasn't there were a few good things, like my mom and Bella other than that New York sucked. I really wanted to tell him I liked him but that's for another time. " Faith, he's back. Look he's walking down the road." Pony said. " Ya, he is," I responded. Pony ran from where the pump was to the church and I followed him, there was this little opening and we ran in. I slipped and I heard Ponyboy laughing a bit. Johnny was walking by so we stayed quiet but before he passed us Pony ran out and slipped, I started laughing. We all went back inside and I quickly looked around outside and found some wood planks, nails, and a hammer. I walked inside to help and I heard Ponyboy say," Johnny how'd you know I always wanted Gone With The Wind!?" Johnny replied," Remember me and you went to go see that movie." I walked in to help and pulled out cigarettes and a deck of cards before I was empty and Pony said," Peroxide. No, you ain't thinking." Johnny responded," Ya, we gotta cut our hair and we'll bleach yours and Faith's." " Nope, you ain't touching my hair." Pony said. " C'mon the first thing the judge does is make you get a haircut," Johnny said. " I could do it, once Dally moved away my mom opened a barber shop and I helped often before she," I said.  " Sure," Johnny said. " Pony?" I asked. " At least it's someone with experience." He replied. I grabbed my blade out of my pocket and I started cutting. " Ok, almost done cutting it," I said. I finished and grabbed the peroxide. " Ok, ready?" I asked " Ya." Pony said. " Ok, I need you to look up," I said. He did and in about 5 minutes we were done. " Ok, Johnny your turn," I said. I grabbed my blade and cut his hair; all he had to do was wash out the grease. " My turn," I said. " Wait, you can't cut your own hair," Ponyboy said. " Why can't I?" I asked. " You could miss and cut yourself." Pony answered. " Nothing I ain't done before," I said in full honesty and both boys gave me a confused, concerned, and worried look. " Kidding," I said.  " Ponyboy will you do it?" I asked. He looked shocked that I asked him to do it. " Ya, sure." He responded. I handed him my blade so he could use it and just like that I felt some of my hair come off. " Take it as short as you like," I said because I didn't really care how it looked. " You sure?" Ponyboy asked. I nodded and soon enough my hair that used to go down to the end of my bra now goes up to my shoulders. " Time for me to bleach it and you two need to leave," I said and they left. I was going to do some highlights. After maybe half an hour I finished and went outside to show the boys my hair. When I got outside they both looked shocked. " Wow, Faith it's beautiful," Johnny said. " Ya." Pony said but it sounded like he wanted to say something else.  We all went back inside because it was getting dark and we were tired. From all the trauma my dad put me through I had to take pills and since I didn't have them, I fell asleep and the memories started coming back, so when I woke up I was in a cold sweat and still having a panic attack. The guys weren't up yet and the sun was coming up so I went outside to watch it and I brought my blade. It's another solution just to make sure this is all real.  I walked up to a fence and I grabbed my blade and rolled up my sleeve and dragged the blade along my wrist if it bleed it was real if it didn't I was in trouble. It bleed so I rolled my sleeve up but blood was still dripping down my hand. I was alone for maybe ten minutes before the attack came back. I fell to my knees and I just sat there because my vision of the real world was blocked and all I could see was my parents back in New York. I felt a hand touch me but I didn't know who it was and then I heard someone running back to the church. 

A/N: some things I have added in the story are from my own experience. Sorry to end on a cliff hanger but part 8 is going to be interesting.