𝘴𝘯𝘢𝘱

"ᴡʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ?"

PHOENIX||chapter ten

    JEAN AND THOR WERE ON THEIR WAY TO THANOS. Suddenly, Thor stopped. Jean stopped as well and looked at him with great confusion.

"What? What's the matter, Thor?", she asked.

"You should go distract Thanos. Then, I'll sneak attack him and kill him", Thor suggested.

"Ya, that's smart", Jean agreed, before running off. There she saw a fellow red-head.

"Hey, I'm Jean", she announced.

"I'm Wanda", the girl sadly said.

"What's wrong?", Jean asked.

"My boyfriend, Vision. He has the Mind Stone in his head. I'm just a bit worried", Wanda explained, her voice cracking a bit.

"Don't worry", Jean placed her hand on Wanda's shoulder, "If Thanos does find your boyfriend, I will help you protect him".

"Thank you", Wanda gratefully thanked her, her bottom lip began to quiver, "He's all I have".

____________________________________________________________

The screams of terror that errupted as soon as a blue cloud appeared reminded Jean of Genosha. How dark the sky suddenly look, even if it was a clear sky. How she'd begun to feel a pain in her stomach as she felt because something bad was going to happen.

Jean's breathing became erratic, she felt like a little girl again. Living under Thanos's roof was one of the darkest times in Jean's life. The constant fear she felt, it was all returning.

One look at his face and Jean could tell what he was feeling. Confidence, cockiness, and worst of all... victory.

If he felt like he already won, Jean knew that he had most of the Infinity Stones. Except for the Mind Stone, which Jean promised to protect.

Wanda already looked like she was about to cry, her lips began to quiver again as she realized the severity of the situation, and what she had to do. 

Jean heard bits and pieces of Wanda and Vision's coversation but decided to leave it private for them before she heard the sound of Wanda's scarlet powers. She saw Thanos approach and held up a shield so that Wanda could focus her energy on the Mind Stone.

Thanos stopped when he saw Jean, recognizing her after all these years.

"I'm sorry, little one", Thanos apologized before blasting her shield with the Power Stone.