𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘢

"ɪ'ᴍ ᴊᴇᴀɴ"

"ɪ' ᴊᴇᴀɴ"

PHOENIX||chapter nine

THE AVENGERS AND WANKANDANS ARE STRUGGLING AGAINST THE OUTRIDERS.

Suddenly, a beam of rainbow-coloured light shines down from the clouds and into the middle of the battlefield.

Stormbreaker instantly kills all of the goons attacking the Bifrost. All the others who it had surprisingly missed, were either telekinetically pushed back, or had their hearts telekinetically squished.

"Oh yeah! You guys are so screwed now!", Bruce excitedly yells, especially since he knows that Jean is with Thor.

Thor, Jean, Groot, and Rocket are revealed to be the heroes hidden behind the beam of power as Stormbreaker returns to its owner.

They all immediately find their own places to fight. Thor, being Thor, has the most impressive entrance. He jumps up into the sky and blasts any enemy nearby with lightning.

"BRING ME THANOS!"

Jean telepathically causes enemy soldiers to snap their own necks off. She decided it was more sanitary than doing it herself.

"That's her", one of Thanos's henchman observed while staring in fascination at Jean's impressive powers, "That's his Jeannie".

"I'll get her", Proxima Midnight declared as she charged towards the red-haired girl.

"Little girl!", Proxima taunted, only to be quickly swatted away into half by the sharpness of a red, white and blue shield.

"Gross", Steve muttered, shaking the dead body off.

"That's Jean, my girlfriend", Thor announced to Steve after teasing him about copying his beard.

Steve stared at Thor wide-eyed as he slowly pointed to the purple girl who laid in half at the bottom of his shield.

"No, no. Gross. The red-haired one", Thor pointed to Jean who was handling a large group of enemy soldiers.

Steve waved, "Hi, I'm Steve Rogers. Thor might've told you my name was Captain America".

"Oh yeah, the guy who's supposed to be like eighty years old. I'm Jean", Jean introduced, holding up a shield of metal scraps, protecting herself from a large group of animalistic soldiers from killing her.

Thor spotted this and decided to help, "Let me help you with that".

He swung Stormbreaker to the soldiers, killing them on impact. Jean dropped her shield to face the rest of Thanos's black order who dared tried to defeat her. She and Thor walked together in search of any fights they could help out with.

Suddenly, a blond woman jumped in front of them.

"I heard Thor has a girlfriend", Natasha said.

"This is Jean", Thor introduced Natasha to Jean and then vice versa, "This is Natasha".

"Well, I've gotta get going. Not all of us can just stand around and look pretty", Natasha said to Thor, before flying away.

Jean and Thor laughed at the words Natasha had said. It had been a couple years since Thor had seen her and one of the first things she says is that.

Jean tapped Thor's shoulder, causing him to look at her ,"I had that, by the way", she informed, referring to the previous fight.

"Sure, you did. I just handled it faster", Thor smugly replied, causing Jean to jokingly roll her eyes and push him away.

Thor laughed and pulled her in to give her a kiss, something they never had enough privacy to do but Thor couldn't care less about who was watching. His hands roamed her arms and rested on her hips and hers rested on the cheeks of his face.

Their sweet moment was interrupted by the sound of heroes charging in the same direction. Jean saw a familiar face and stopped him in his tracks.

"Bruce, what's going on?", she asked.

"He's here. Thanos is coming", Bruce dramatically answered before running off again.

Jean and Thor looked at each other before following Bruce.

Jean's face showed worry. She was scared that if Thanos won, he would kill Thor and force Jean to live with him.

But what she was most worried about was her sisters, Nebula and Gamora.

Unlike Thor, they couldn't match Thanos's strength, they were powerless against him. If Thanos really wanted to, he could grab them like a ragdoll and toss them over a cliff without breaking a sweat.

Jean had also never seen him bleed in all of her years staying with him.

She would've told herself to just let it go, because heroes always win in the end. But Jean knew better than to think that. She saw first-hand how easily villains can win if the heroes weren't prepared.

And right now, no one on this battle field looked prepared for Thanos's wrath.

𝘼/𝙉: 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧, 𝙄 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙪𝙥𝙡𝙤𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧.

𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴