Chapter 12

As I waited for the bus, Aimee walked up to me and said hey.

“How was your first day back?” I asked. She shrugged.

“How was yours?” She raised an eyebrow. I half smiled to myself.

“It was…Interesting…” I chuckled.

“Why are you so giggly? She smirked. I shrugged.

“I guess you will just have to wait and see.” I smirked. Aimee hit me playfully on the arm. “Ouch! What was that for?” I asked rubbing my arm.

“Tell me dammit!” She threatened me with her fist. I gave her an alarmed look.

“Dude you need to take an anger management class…seriously.” I laughed.

“Noted. Now stop trying to change the subject!” She said as the bus pulled up. You’re an awful friend. Has anyone ever told you that?” She said jokingly. I pouted at her. She bumped my hip as I was walking up the steps of the bus.

“If I fall and die because of you, I blame you.” I shouted over my shoulder. “And you said I was the awful friend.” I mumbled.

“You are! You won’t tell me why you’re so happy!” She complained as we took our usual seats on the bus.

“Am I not allowed to be happy for no reason?” I raised an eyebrow at her.

“No, I never said that…It’s just that you’re never just happy for no reason.” She defended.

“Uh-huh, sure. No I feel all sad inside, because I’m not allowed to be happy!” I said, over-reacting on purpose. “That’s it Aimee! I’m sorry but this isn’t going to work out for me. I’m breaking up with you!” I said jokingly, and crossed my arms over my chest.

Aimee scoffed. “Fine! I don’t need you anyway!” She threw her hands up in exaggeration. We both laughed. “But really. Why are you so happy?” She asked.

I looked at her, and tried to figure out how to tell her that I might possibly have a date with Ace this weekend, if he went to all the band practices this week. I sighed, and she looked at me expectantly.

“I think I have a date with Ace…” I squinched my face together and waited for her reaction.

“Ace…?” She looked confused. “Don’t you like…hate his guts?” I laughed

“He’s…different now…” I shrugged.

“Yeah…different…Suuure.” Aimee looked unsurely at me.

“Fine, don’t believe me! That’s fine.” I rolled my eyes at her. I turned towards the window and watched the trees and the houses go by. White houses with white trim. Everything was the same. I sighed and looked at Aimee. She was texting someone. After a few seconds I asked her how her day went. She reported that it was fine, but she hated not having any classes together. I agreed with her right as the bus was pulling to my stop. I said goodbye to my best friend and then walked off the bus.

I pulled my iPod out of my bag and pressed play, Avenged Sevenfold blasted out into the previously silent air. I walked in step with the beat of the music, and grinned to myself. I walked into my house not five minutes later, and slid out of my shoes.  I skipped off to the kitchen and grabbed an apple, then headed up to my room. Popping my laptop open and starting it up, I heard Steph come into the house, a girl giggling behind him. Oh God, it’s the first day back, and already he brought a play toy home? I stood up and set my bag down next to my desk.

I danced over to my door and closed it and them put a short drummer shorts on that said “I’d pierce that veil” on the butt so I would be more comfortable. I plugged my iPod into my speaker as it changed to the next song. “Another Song about the Weekend” by A Day to Remember started to blast through and I smiled. I started singing along and dancing around my room. Music was the one way I was able to let go of everything and just have fun, be happy, and know that everything was going to be alright.