Chapter 15 - The First Date Part 2

They pulled back from the kiss.

"If I knew you'd do that, I'd have told you the story a long time ago," Camila said, smiling.

"I've been wanting to do it for quite a while myself," Lauren answered, chuckling.

"Really?" Camila asked, feeling her face flush as Lauren gently rubbed the back of her neck.

Lauren didn't bother to answer with words, she just leaned in for another kiss. Camila shifted positions a little to get a better angle and let her tongue run along Lauren's lip, seeking entrance. Lauren let her hand run down Camila's side and settle near her hip as their kisses became more urgent. They were trading soft moans as they both felt their want for one another. Lauren gently slipped her hand along the bottom hem of Camila's shirt.

Camila suddenly felt a sensation of panic run through her and she pulled back. Lauren stilled herself and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, I got a little carried away," Lauren said, moving her hand back onto her lap.

"So did I," Camila said, taking a deep breath, "It's not that I don't want to, Lauren. I'm just... I'm not ready."

Camila wasn't sure what was happening in her own mind. She had wanted Lauren since the first day she saw her in the park playing with Lori. She had fantasized about being with her more times than she would ever admit. Yet, now she had the chance and she couldn't do it. She could feel herself blushing and she looked down at her lap. She felt Lauren's hand gently on her chin, forcing her to look at her.

"Camz," Lauren said, "We can take our time. There's no rush. Hell, it's been more than three years for me – what's a little longer?"

Camila couldn't help but chuckle, "Yeah, it's been a little while for me too, and with my body the way it is right now..."

"I would never, ever pressure you," Lauren said, softly, "And it's been an emotional night."

"Yeah," Camila said, then she looked up at Lauren with a grin, "Over three years, really?"

"Shut up!" Lauren said, playfully swatting Camila's arm and making them both laugh.

"I guess you did have a baby to deal with," Camila said, grinning, "I'll give you a pass."

Lauren sighed and looked at Camila a little more seriously, "Camz, I don't know exactly where we'll go from here, but you do understand that Lori is my first priority, right? I'm not sure what that means for me and a dating relationship. This is uncharted territory."

"Of course, Lo," Camila said immediately, "I wouldn't expect anything else. I mean, I hope we can find some time for just the two of us every now and then but I understand that you're a mom and Lori is most important."

"And you're okay with that?" Lauren asked.

"Yeah, I am," Camila said, "I don't know where this is going either, but I've always wanted to have a family one day. This might not be the most traditional route, but if I've learned anything it's that life doesn't really go how you plan it."

"Isn't that the truth," Lauren said, "I never planned to get pregnant. I never even planned to sleep with a man." Lauren chuckled and Camila looked at her quizzically.

"So what happened?" Camila asked softly.

"In college I had two really close friends – Normani and Justin Spheer," Lauren said, taking a deep breath. "Justin and I had nearly all of our classes together. He was brilliant and charming and the three of us were pretty inseparable – four if you count Ruby."

Camila immediately recognized the name. She knew Justin Spheer had been killed in a laboratory accident in Salt Lake. His death was widely reported and everyone in the science community was shocked and saddened. Camila had never met him, but she knew his work and she remembered hearing of his death.