Chapter 80

Mr Hippo frowned when she said what she said. He stepped closer to her and gently grabbed her hands, pulling her up from the chair to hug her tightly. He felt how tense Saphira was, her heart was racing and Saphira could only think on the pain she had caused the animatronics. She felt bad...she let her own emotions get the better of her in the moment and stretch it out over these past weeks. She hitched a breath as tears began to flow from her eyes. Mr Hippo held her gently, rubbing her back as she began to sob.

"You didn't do anything, Saphira," Mr Hippo said to her in a very calm, gentle tone. "None of this is your fault. You should understand that this could have happened to another girl as well. If you were not the night guard to stay longer than a week, another would have." She didn't respond to that, mostly because she didn't like the sound of that either given her relationship that she has had with Freddy. "You have been a victim of...a lot. And I think it has undone a lot your therapy that you've been through. I can help a little with that, but you should get a real therapist regarding your old family."

Saphira sniffled and pulled back from Mr Hippo, placing her hands on his chest to push him away. "But...I...l-l-let m-m-my old feelings take over...I pushed you all away."

Mr Hippo smiled at her and wipes a tears from her cheek. "Not very far though. We are not going anywhere. We still love you. We know you're hurting."

She glanced away from him with a frown. "I've...I haven't been a very good friend...have I? All the...clinginess I had..."

"You know that also isn't your fault," Mr Hippo interrupts gently. "It was the injection. And, maybe see what happened as a good thing." She deepened her frown when he said that. "If you are pregnant, he might not do as much cruelty to you as he did before."

"That...um...that isn't good to think, Mr Hippo," She moved to step away from him, she felt her chest tightening as she felt a panic attack threaten. "I've hurt you...I don't like what I've become."

Mr Hippo sighed and stepped closer to her. "You are still you. I still see the same Saphira I first laid eyes on when you fixed me. To me, you haven't changed. You've just been in pain."

She stared at Mr Hippo. She didn't know if she could agree with him. She felt like garbage right now with how much she has treated the animatronics. She felt so much shame right now, she just wanted to run away and hide. That is what she wanted to do. She stepped away from him, stumbling towards the doors.

"Where are you going?" Mr Hippo asked with worry. She glanced at him silently as she walked towards the elevator. "Saphira, I still love you. You do know that when you called me dad, it meant so much to me. You, well, I see you as my beautiful daughter." She paused and looked at him when he said that. "Pigpatch said that I have a very beautiful daughter. I know you do not yet actually see him as your father figure yet either, but...someday, I hope for that to happen."

Saphira smiled slightly only for her to turn away from him. "I am so sorry..."

"Saphira, you don't need to apologize..."

"Yes I do...I hurt you...I hurt Freddy..." She stumbled towards the elevator. "I don't even know if I can forgive myself for that. I am sorry."

"Where are you going?" Mr Hippo asked, walking towards the elevator with worry.

She stepped into the elevator and looked back at him. "Where trashed staff bots go."

Mr Hippo frowned in confusion. "What does that mean?" The doors begin to close and he rushed forward to try and stop them. "Saphira! Wa..."

The doors shut and Saphira stood there sobbing softly. She felt so shameful right now, all she wanted to do was hide. When the doors of the elevator finally open, she rushed out of it and ran to the atrium. She peered out of the door, glancing around curiously. She was glad the pizzaplex was finally empty at this point, she ran up to the third floor of the atrium to head to the Fazcade. She knew it might be a bad idea given DJ Music Man was there, but that is where she was heading.