Chapter 46

Surrounded by blankets while sitting on Freddy's lap, leaning against him and holding a cup of hot chocolate in her hands was like a dream. They were in Freddy's room seated on his couch together while Saphira enjoyed the warmth around her body and from within thanks to the hot beverage. If there weren't any extra worried eyes watching her, this would be an extra special moment in Saphira's mind. She didn't mind too much though, she was sure seeing her near frozen was enough to haunt their memories forever.

"At least you got your colour back." Roxy smiled at Saphira, watching the girl take another sip of the hot chocolate. "You should wear your hair out more often too Saphira, you like prettier with it out."

Freddy chuckled a little, he himself did not disagree. Seeing the beautiful, black strands resting on her back like a blanket...it made him feel very happy. Saphira was beautiful no matter way, but he could run his fingers through her hair easier like this. "I love your hair out too Saphira."

She turned her head to look at him with a smirk. "Yeah, I could tell when I pulled out the ponytail. I will consider it, hair can often be annoying and gets in the way at times. Especially when fixing an animatronic."

"I know, I have seen how some humans get their hair caught in things, it does not look comfortable at all." Freddy looked at the hair on her back again, moving his hand up Saphira's back, making her shudder as she felt the palm and she giggled a little as he felt the strands between his fingers. "However...it is still nice to see out every once in a while."

"That is true, I might consider it on the days maintenance isn't part of my routine." She takes another sip of the hot chocolate and sighed deeply. "I just hope this doesn't happen again though."

"Yeah, since Dave is dead, we can only assume this virus that is in the system is now actively going after her." Monty looked at Mr Hippo as the bot seemed to know more on what is going on at the pizzaplex. "Why would the virus want her dead if it wants to bring her into its clutches?"

"I don't think it was a ploy to kill her. It looks that way...but there must have been another reason." Mr Hippo was puzzeled by it as much as the rest of the animatronics. He didn't have an answer for Monty unfortunately. "But it definitely is going to be tormenting her. Probably until she relents and gives into the control..." Saphira grimaced and shakes her head at that. "However, Saphira's stubbornness is rather strong. She is not likely to give in anytime soon...so there could be another motive..."

"What possible motive could there be?" Monty huffed and paced the room, he had been tense ever since Freddy carried Saphira out of the bathroom. "To try and cause a disappearance under her nose while she is distracted?"

Mr Hippo shakes his head slowly. "That would not work...not while Saphira is highly attentive to her job." He turned his head to look out the window thoughtfully, rubbing his chin with a hum. "I need to process this more. But those staff bots would have stopped us if the motive was the kill her."

"How much experience do you have dealing with those nightmare bots?" Saphira asked curiously, the bots look at her in surprise. "Yeah, I am calling them nightmare bots, because they are going to haunt me for a long time. Especially after tonight."

"Young lady, they often came up to the dining room when Orville, Pigpatch and Happy Frog were on our own to create a mess. They also used to break a few of the staff bots while they were there and Orville once had his trunk snapped off when he tried to stop the bots from destroying a display table that had drawings done by kids." That did not sound as bad as what Saphira has experienced, but she still wondered if they had a system somewhere she could shut down. "Those weren't the worst experiences. No...they nearly pushed me down into a garbage shoot once. They climbed all over me and pulled me to the shoot and attempted to shove me down it. It was not a very great experience...if it had not been for Orville and Pigpatch, I would still be down there as scrap."