Chapter Nine Grounded

Quick note: So sorry guys this is short and took me so long to update. Lots of drama with the death of my husband's mother the last two weeks. And as a reminder I will be leaving on a trip up north on the 26th to the 7th to visit my sister and friends and family so there won't be any updates during that time. I hope to try and get one more in but not sure because I have Tom's birthday party this upcoming Saturday, and packing and a doctor appointment all before I leave on this trip. So thank you for your support and sticking by me enjoying my work in the mean time Love you all and the song is Pink Floyd Pigs for Jonathan's POV!

*

*

Rubbing my eyes and lifting my arms above my head to stretch as a yawn came out; Jon gave me a dirty look.

“Abi,”

I looked over at him where we sat together in astronomy class.

“Sorry,”

“Your fault,” he smirked.

It was the day after I snuck out and my dad was livid.

Jon’s parents were not too happy either with all three of is. We had all gotten yelled at in the morning. My dad even came over before we left for school to lecture m. I was only able to go out and work on the astronomy project and the swim meet otherwise I was on lockdown now. Apparently my window was going to be locked shut from the outside.

Completely exhausted and hung over I had been dragging ass all day at school. The only thing that kept me from being overly upset was I woke up to Jon’s smiling face and in his arms. Of course he didn’t know just how much I liked it. He should be furious with me but I couldn’t tell.

Tony, Jon and I were all grounded. My dad said he would have a schedule of chores for me to do each weekday and he wanted to see my homework before he went to bed each night. Just to keep me busy and to exhaust me so I didn’t even feel like sneaking out and making sure I had no fun for my behavior.

My only free time would be for the astronomy project and Jon’s swim meet’s. There wasn’t even a time frame given just indefinitely until my father felt I was punished enough.

I felt awful of course and apologized profusely to everyone but it fell on deaf ears from my antics over the summer. Yet I felt content, oddly content. Maybe it was because of Jon’s presence and the way he always supported me even when it got him in trouble too or disagreed with me.

Tony had been quiet all day and observant. I could see how this concerned Monique and I wanted to laugh at lunch but that would be weird and unexplainable due to the morning lecture we all got so I kept it to myself.

“Abi you there?” Jon waved a hand in my face.

“Sorry,” I seemed to be saying that a lot lately.

“I know your tired but we have to get this set for the weekend,” we were working on our current weekly display and trying to finish it in class so we could move on to next week when we were out at the ridge doing our star gazing and diagrams.

I nodded and forced myself to concentrate. Only one more class after this for the day and I can go home. Though, that didn’t sound as appealing as it should be since I knew there would be a list of work to do posted on the fridge from my dad.

Somehow I managed to get the display done with Jon’s help. Near the end of the period I felt his hand on my back rubbing lighting up and down my spine. It sent little shudders through me, pleasant ones. Without really thinking about it I stretched sitting up higher and leaning into his touch it was comforting and felt good.