Tournament: Training

Carine's pov:

I arrived at Genkai's place the following day at 12 pm. "Hey" I said lazily as I plopped onto the couch as I started scrolling on my phone.

5 minutes later, Kurama and Hiei arrived. Hiei took his spot on the windowsill and Kurama set his bag down next to mine. Genkai informed us that there are only 2 rooms so we had to share a room with someone. We were about to protest about sleeping in the same bed but Genkai assured us that there are 2 beds in each room so we agreed after a bit of consideration. Hiei being Hiei, insisted that he didn't need one as he won't sleep so it was pointless. Kurama and me ended up sharing a room while Yusuke and Kuwabara shared a room.

I walked into me and Kurama's room and saw it was a plain room, nothing too special with 2 desks, 2 beds along with a bathroom. There were also 2 dressers with a vanity, a mirror on the side, and a chair by the window. Genkai knows exactly what I like I thought as I started to unpack and put my clothes in a dresser but kept some clothes in my bag for the tournament.

I put my bag on top of my dresser and laid on my bed with my phone scrolling through Instagram to see if there is anything interesting. I noticed Kurama bring out a book from his bag and he sat on the bed reading it.

I found nothing interesting on Instagram and that is when I noticed I've been scrolling for about an hour now and it's already 1:30. I decided to take a walk as I couldn't think of anything better to do. I excused myself and went out into the forest. I decided to rest in a tree and admire nature so I did that for who knows how long.

It is now 6 pm and I'm in the kitchen making everyone dinner. I put my headphones in and listened to music. Memories by Maroon 5 played and I vibed to the song while cooking. I settled with chicken nuggets and mozzarella sticks on the side. I called everyone down that dinner is ready and we ate while chatting about the most random things ever.

Time skip ----> The Next Day

I woke up at 6 in the morning to realize that Kurama was still asleep. I stayed in bed to scroll on my phone for 30 minutes to fully wake up and I got out of bed to take a shower.

I wore a black shirt with black leggings. Nothing too casual but comfortable enough to fight freely in.

I step out of the shower to notice Kurama is already awake. "Morning" I say to the red head who's busy tying his hair. "Good morning, how did you sleep?" He asked after finishing. "Fine, you?" I answered drying my hair and putting my hairband/hairtie on my head. I picked up my glasses and put it on.

"Can I ask you something?" Kurama asked. "Hm?" I answered as a way of acknowledging him. "Why do you always wear a mask when we're outside but not inside?" He asked curiously. "Well, I like to keep my appearance hidden to the public. It also comes in handy in some situations when my face might get burned off, it burns the mask instead." I answered plainly as I grabbed my phone and went downstairs to make breakfast.

I decided to cook eggs and bacon. After I finished cooking I set up the table and we all ate. After eating, Kurama insisted he do the dishes so we let him.

After an hour or so, we decided to start training. We chose to spar with everyone as we all have different abilities and it just might help. For the first match, Kurama is sparring with Yusuke, Hiei with Kuwabara. Since i don't have a partner, I chose to watch at the side for now. Everyone finished up and we're having a short break as they were exhausted. (Except for Hiei because he faught Kuwabara and all he had to do was dodge)

After a 10 minute break, we all decided to start sparring again. Yusuke with Kuwabara, Hiei and me. This time, Kurama got the break. Of course Hiei used speed but I'm way faster than him so we were kind of evenly matched.

After a few minutes of sparring, we changed partners once again. This time, Yusuke got the break. The pairs were Hiei and Kurama and me and Kuwabara. I went easy on him knowing he's the weakest out of all of us.

As we finished, Kuwabara got the break. Kurama and me, Hiei with Yusuke. Kurama got his trademark rose whip out as I decided to use my katana. He got a few close hits on me had it not been for my speed. I realized our match was the longest one so I decided to take a different approach. "Darkness hear me, May the light gone be, I call you forth, my clone of the north!" I chanted making a clone that attacked Kurama from behind while me, the original, attacked from the front. He got a slight hit from me and that's when we called it the end.

"Whew, I'm exhausted!" Yusuke yelled almost dropping onto the couch Kuwabara on his heels. "No kidding!" Kuwabara said as he slumped on the couch almost falling off. I shook my head at this and sighed. Hiei claimed his spot at the windowsill and Kurama resorted to reading a book in the living room.

I started heading for the stairs to go upstairs because I normally just hang around in my room for the rest of the day unless I have chores to do or have a mission, I just stay in my room scrolling through Instagram or Twitter.

"Where are you going?" Kurama asked just as I was about to take a step. "Well" I begun turning around to face him. "I always stay in my room unless I have something to do" I said and continued upstairs before Kurama could say anything else.

Kurama's pov:

"Where are you going?" I asked noticing Carine was gonna go upstairs. "Well" she begun turning around to face me. "I always stay in my room unless I have something to do" she said bluntly before continuing upstairs before I could say anything else. I shook my head and continued reading.