Tournament: Invitation

Carine's pov:

It's been 3 years since the little ordeal of ours and I am now 20 years old and in college with Kurama as we both got accepted into the same one, and my mother has been brought back to life happy with my father. It's been really peaceful and I had a break from missions for a bit.

I stared out my window towards the childrens' park I lived beside.

I heard a buzzing sound and I checked my phone to see it was Koenma. "Hello?" I asked the toddler in front of me, "Hello Carine, come to Genkai's place in 30 minutes, Yusuke and the rest if the team will be there." He said and ended the communication. I sighed and quickly got ready.

My hair changed from black to a blue-ish color. (Cover photo) I also got a new mask and glasses that I like better. I wore a black blouse and a white t-shirt underneath. I took my mother's necklace and put it on my neck. (Once again, the cover photo) I took my black purse and my phone and set off to Genkai's.

I arrived 30 minutes later to see everyone already there. "Sorry I'm late" I said sheepishly. Koenma, who is in his teenage form, said "Alright now that everyone is here, we've got another mission on our hands. We've been invited to another demon tournament." right as that slipped out, everyone's eyes widen.

"GIVE US A FUCKING BREAK WOULD YA?" Yusuke yelled angrily. I shook my head at this "Yusuke it can't be helped. If they wish to fight us, so be it. Even if we die trying." I said bluntly. Everyone turned to me shocked written all over their faces. Even HIEI was shocked.

"Alright then, when will it occur?" Kurama asked after getting over the shock from my words. "2 months from now. It will be held at the same location as the last one. For the time being, all of you will stay and train here at Genkai's. It doesn't matter who trains who as long as you all get stronger. You may go home now and take whatever you need and meet back here tomorrow." Koenma said and left.

"For fucks sake" I muttered under my breath and left for my house.

This is gonna be a long 2 months. I thought as I started packing my stuff.