WAS THAT HAPPINESS?

I'm back with another chapter of Happily Ever After? VegasPete

*A little smut for you all

Enjoy

***

Pete woke up feeling the emptiness all around him. The moment he opened his eyes his face turned towards Vegas' side. No one was there. His side on the bed was cold which meant he had woken up hours ago.

 Pete stood up from the bed and after washing up quickly he left the room. 

He never thought that he would sleep so soundless next to Vegas. The latter's body was warm as he hugged Pete. He made sure to kiss his shoulder a few times and run his fingers through his head. 

Pete never thought that that was what he needed. 

After the incident with Macau in the kitchen, Pete knew that something was on Vegas' mind. He tried to let the whole conversation go, but Vegas didn't want to let it go. 

Unlike Pete, Vegas couldn't really sleep at night. He kept thinking back to his father's death. Even though he didn't have a happy childhood, Vegas never wanted to see his father dead. 

Vegas wanted to find the ring. He is sure that the ring is somewhere inside his father's old office. That's why he woke up hours before Pete and he went to search for it without knowing that the ring was on someone's else finger. 

He was looking through the drawers of the office and in secret places under the couches of the room. Vegas couldn't find the ring and he wanted to scream. He slapped his hands on the desk the moment Pete made his entrance. 

Pete jumped because of the loud sound. He took a step back. Vegas was angry and Pete wanted to leave him alone. He was about to close the door when it cracked and Vegas rose his head towards him. 

"What are you doing awake, Pete?" 

"I should be asking you that." Pete looked around the messy room, "What are you doing here?" 

"I'm looking for my father's ring. I should be wearing that ring, Pete." 

Pete stared at the floor for a moment before looking back at Vegas. The latter sat on the chair of his father's old office and put his head between his hands. 

"Maybe it is lost. After what happened at the house of the main family, it may-"

"No, it couldn't be lost. Uncle Korn did something with it, I'm sure." 

"Vegas, why are you so obsessed with that ring?" 

"Because-" Vegas shouted, "-because it is my legacy, Pete." He added more calmly. 

Pete took some steps toward his lover. He let his back rest against the bookshelves behind Vegas as the latter turned to look at him. 

"Can't you forget about it? I mean. You can still be who you were and without the ring." 

"But it won't be the same. I'm nothing without the ring. I have nothing without the ring. I need to talk to my uncle." Vegas stood up and Pete panicked. 

"Wait, wait." Pete wrapped his finger around Vegas' wrist. 

Pete walked close to Vegas making the latter's heart flutter at the closeness. 

"Can't we spend the day together? You can visit your uncle tomorrow. Please, stay here today." 

Vegas' eyes fell. He brought his other hand on their joined hands and let his thumb caress Pete's hand.