1.11 Pain shapes a woman into a warrior

chapter eleven| Pain shapes a woman into a warrior

"When you're born in a burning house, you think the whole world is on fire

"When you're born in a burning house, you think the whole world is on fire. But it's not."
- Richard Kadrey

7 months later ...

Training with Imelda has been hard, like really hard. But over the course of seven months my arms no longer feel like their going to fall off after 100 pushups.

So that's a plus.

And I now know for a fact I can kick anyone's ass so that's another plus.

Being with Imelda has given me a distraction from always thinking about Feyre's departure. Which I desperately needed, because without training, I would be an anxious mess sitting around just waiting for any word from Feyre. With everything going on in Prythian I can't afford to just sit around waiting to see what happens.

I have to be ready for anything, I have to keep my family safe.

So that's what I've been doing for the past eight months.

Let me tell you one thing, Imelda is brutal in the way she trains, but it's very effective.

Although there were days where I thought I was going to die from exhaustion, the pain however was nothing new to me. Hunting in the woods for 6 years got me used to pain of achy muscles and the feeling of being sore.
You quickly learn to push pass that pain in order to move forward.

Becoming a mercenary has been one of the best decisions of my life,
which sounds really dramatic but it's true.
In those eight years I had always contemplated on wether or not I should become a mercenary. They got paid well and with that money we could have done a lot more than just survive, but the only issue was I would be away from my family for long periods of time.
That thought used to scare me to death, plus I could never leave Feyre to take care of the family all on her own.
She didn't deserve that.