1.08 Everything I wanted

chapter eight| Everything I wanted

"I don't know what it's like to not have deep emotions, even when I feel nothing, I feel it completely

"I don't know what it's like to not have deep emotions, even when I feel nothing, I feel it completely." - a.r. asher

     The village isn't as busy as it was two days ago. Nesta and I walk along the same road we did when Feyre and I sold the pelt. Sitting at the same spot is the mercenary we talked to about faeries, she and the Children of the Blessed will be the only one to believe us.
When we discussed our plan, Nesta had the idea to hire a mercenary. So here we are back within the village with only the money Feyre and I earned from the pelt.

Her dark almost black eyes carefully observed Nesta than me as she says. "What is it that you two want?"

"It's my sister," my voice cold.
"she was taken by a faerie in order to pay a debt.
We need you to help us get over The Wall to get her back."

She just blinks at me for a moment, before she quickly looks around making sure no one was listening.
If they were, they would never believe a word out of my mouth.
Instead they would just believe me to be just as insane as those Children of the Blessed.

She lowers her voice as she questions "You sure that it was a faerie."

Her guarded eyes study both of us thoroughly.

"It was a faerie." Nesta confirms.

"I won't take you there, but I can give you two the safest route to The Wall." She offered.

Nesta and I share a look before I nod, anything will help.

As the mercenary draws the route on a map she kept inside her bag, she says to us. "You girls know that going to the wall is suicide right?"

Once again I meet Nesta's cold blue eyes, and we both know we could die going on this trip.

"We know the risks." I say not bothering to look away from the map.