A final cut (!TW!) [part 2/3]

(The same warnings, and a hopefully calming sequel.)

Still Y/n's pov:

The woman immediately started to look at the cut, and the girl held the swaddling bands. I couldn't really see anymore, my eyes gave out, but I felt Julietta pulling my hand away, and pressing her own there with the bands. I still unconsciously held Camilo in my arms. He can't just die. No, no, no. Not now, actually not until I die. I can't lose him like this, it would haunt me for a lifetime. I couldn't be happy anymore.
And the fact that I could have stopped him from doing this is just... killing me. If only I was faster... Or if I didn't even go away... If I would've talked with him earlier...

I felt Julietta pulling my chin up. I tried to see her trough the curtain of tears. Her face was just like Dolores'. Afraid, shocked, and tear stained.
"We have to take him to my room. There are more helpful things" she gently whispered. I gulped, nodding. "Dolores will help me, I'll try everything, okay?"
"O– Okay" I weakly stuttered.
They stood up, and carried Camilo's nearly lifeless body to the other room. I sat on the floor, now alone, covered in blood and tears, still crying. Not so far away, I saw the knife.

I shakily grabbed it, and stood up. I examined it from closer. A lot of blood, a black handle, a sharp steel. I threw it away, suddenly feeling angry. Why didn't anyone notice this? Why he had to do it? What on earth made him go that way? I wanted to kill all those things what were hurting Camilo. The knife first. But I didn't know the others. The reason.
"Hey..." I looked up to see Dolores. Her dress also had blood on it. "Hey, he won't... He will stay alive"
"Sure?" I sobbed.
"Sure. But we don't know when will he wake up" she walked towards me.
"I don't care when if he wakes up" I gazed in the sad eyes.

"He will" she stated, more likely to calm us down. "Julietta will want to know what happened, but first, you have to calm down" as she spoke, she wasn't calm herself. "I'll clean up, you wash your hands and change into pyjamas"
"I want to help–" I tried.
"No. You just had some frightening moments"
"You saw it too" I protested.
"But I'm not his lover" she said, and ended the conversation.

She picked out some pyjamas from the drawer, and placed them in my arms.
I headed to the bathroom with the clean clothes. Looking into the mirror I saw the terrifying look of my face. Red eyes, puffy cheeks, blood here and there.
I washed my face down, and my hands too. I changed into the pyjamas and poured some water on my bloody dress. I looked in the mirror, and there I realized, what kind of clothes Dolores gave me. Camilo's pyjamas. I smiled for a second and walked back to Camilo's room.

"Sit down" Dolores ordered. I did as she told, and I got a glass of water. I don't know where it was from, but I drank it, and she continued the cleaning.
"How did you hear?" I suddenly asked. "Your room is soundproof"
"Antonio" she sighed.
"What?" my eyes widened. Did the little guy hear this?
"He was out for some water when he saw you running up the stairs and ripping the door open" Dolores explained, cleaning the floor "He ran in the nearest room, which was mine, because he thought something was wrong"
"And he was right" I muttered. "Where is he now?"
"In my room. I told him to stay there whatever happens" she said. At least the little boy didn't hear or see this. And I hope he won't.

"You should stay here" she suggested.
"I didn't want to go anywhere"
"I understand. You can sleep with me if you want. Camilo needs to stay with Julietta"
"Okay. But I don't think I could sleep. And my parents? They don't know where I am" I asked.
"They told you that you can sleep here whenever you want"
"That's right, but today I said I'm gonna sleep home"
"They aren't worried" she shrugged.
"Oh, okay" I whispered.
Dolores cleaned everything up, and changed into her nightgown, then she came back with Julietta. The woman also wore clean clothes.

"Y/n, can you please tell me what happened?" she asked.
"Yeah... I came here to talk with Camilo. I've seen that he was blue in these days" I spoke slowly "He didn't want to talk, and turned away, but I grabbed his wrist" I sighed. Why is this so hard? "He hissed, and I folded his sleeve up. I saw the scars on his hand" I paused for a bit, holding back my tears.
"He told me to keep it a secret and leave. I did" I went on. "When I looked up at the window from outside, I saw he had a knife" my sound started to gave up "I ran back, but it was too late. He just... He was already on the floor, bleeding" I broke down crying again, for the third time that evening.

Dolores sat down beside me, rubbing my back while a tear escaped her eyes. I laid to her side.
"It's my fault, I– I should have told someone in– instantly. Or I shouldn't leave at– at all" I sobbed.
"You are not the reason why he did this" Julietta placed a hand on my shoulder. "This means that it's not your fault"
"It doesn't change anything" I wiped my cheeks. "But I could have"
"You did" Dolores whispered.
"How?" I asked.
"You saved his life" she looked deeply in my eyes. "If you wouldn't come back, probably no one could save him" she hugged me. I hugged back, holding into her for dear life. It can seem to her like I'm a hero, but I'm not.

After a while, they succeeded on making me calmer. Julietta went back into her room, and we went to Dolores'.
"Dolores, Y/n!" Antonio exclaimed. "What happened?"
As I looked at the innocent little face, I didn't know what to say.
"You will know tomorrow morning, okay, Hermano?" the girl answered instead of me in a sweet tune. "Now go back to sleep"
"Can Y/n come with me?" he asked.
"She's sleeping with me" Dolores smiled. The boy grabbed my arm and made a puppy face, silently pleading.
"I'll come back later" I told Dolores with a little smile. She nodded, and Antonio led the way to his room.

He climbed into his bed, and I covered him in the blanket.
"Are you okay?" he worried.
"Yes" I smiled. "Or at least I will"
"I see it on you that you're not" the little boy turned to his side. "I know something happened, something bad. And you don't tell me. What's going on with Camilo?" he asked.
I kneeled down to face him, and said seriously:
"Hey, Antonio. You don't have to worry. An accident happened, but everything is going to be fine. Just sleep, and you can see it in the morning"
"Is Camilo okay?"
"He's okay now" I answered, but my lips quivered.
"I'm sorry for being curious, I made you sad" he frowned.
"I was already sad. Now sleep, little prince" I gave him a goodnight kiss on the forehead, and he closed his eyes.

I walked back to Dolores' room.
"I'm here" I muttered.
"Can you sleep maybe?" she asked.
"No"
"I thought. Me neither" she shook her head.
We sat down on her bed, but my nerves killed me. I wanted to see Camilo, to know what Julietta thinks about him, I couldn't be calm.
"I can literally hear your brain working" Dolores looked up at me.
"Sorry, I just can't calm down" I apologized.
"You can go to Julietta" she suggested.
"Really? Wouldn't I disturb her?"
"She is just as nervous as we are. Now go, I know you want to"
"Thanks" I said, and made my way into the woman's room.

She was kind, and led me to the bed where Camilo was. He was still unconscious, and his hand was covered in bandages. Julietta removed his ruana and his shirt, and cleaned up his face and arms. Now he laid there as if just sleeping.
"He will get better" the woman stood beside me "I gave him some infusion kind of thing, and when he wakes up he can eat something what will heal him completely. But I'm afraid the scars will stay there. As they did earlier"
"I think it's not a problem. You saved him. That's what really matters. Thank you so much, Julietta" I hugged her. She hugged back, and we stayed there for some seconds.

The rest of the night went with me guarding over Camilo's bed, and waiting for him to wake up, Julietta and Dolores walking around and calming each other, and the others sleeping.
When the first rays of sunshine lighted the room, I stood beside the bed, no sleep in my eyes. But Julietta and Dolores fell asleep approximately ten minutes before. They stressed all night, but I was calm after I knew that Camilo is better.
As the sun shone on the boy's peacefully sleeping face, I wondered. What could be the reason for him to hurt himself?

As I admired his face, suddenly he moved.