DREAM?

*Let's have a flashback first*

I'm sorry for any mistakes. Please enjoy. 

***

"Could you please turn around to see me?"  

Pete's eyes were stuck on Vegas' back as the latter took his time, fighting with himself wherever to turn around and face the person he loves or leave. 

"Vegas." 

Pete's soft voice was heard again making Vegas turn around slowly. Pete's heart was beating fast and his hands were shaking. He was about to see the face of the person who he chose. 

A small smile spread on his lips as he saw Vegas'  features. His lips were still covered in blood and his eyes were drenched with tears. 

A breath left Vegas' lips once he saw Pete's full smile. It was the sight he was waiting for. No one has ever smiled at him, except Macau. He let himself become happy for a moment and so he smiled back at Pete. 

Vegas' body relaxed. He looked at Pete's face and for the first time, he felt safe. He felt like he was home. He was mesmerized by Pete's beautiful face that he didn't notice the bodyguard behind them aiming his gun at him. 

BANG!

Pete's eyes widen and he jumped in his place. 

BANG!

Pete jumped again seeing Vegas' smile leave his lips. 

BANG BANG!

Vegas fell to the floor as Pete's eyes followed him. 

Pete felt his soul leaving his body. The moment Vegas hit the floor he started shaking. He turned around and without caring about who the man who shot Vegas was, he aimed at him and shot him three times in the chest. 

Pete killed that man without looking at him twice. The scream that came out of his throat, as he pressed the trigger, echoed all around him. Before the man fell to the ground dead, Pete faced Vegas' body. 

He got on his knees and let his hand touch his wounded chest. Vegas' breathing had slowed. He was ready to leave, but Pete couldn't let the person who he loved the most leave him alone in this world. 

Pete's cries were loud as he was sobbing for his love to wake up and not leave him alone. But Vegas' eyes remained closed. A pool of blood was made around them as Pete rested his head on Vegas' chest. 

His heart beating was slow, making Pete's tears run down his cheek. His mouth opened wide as he screamed for Vegas to come back, to stay alive. Pete hugged him tight. He couldn't let him go. The only thing he could do was cry. 

"Vegas!" 

***

Vegas opened his eyes and saw Pete opening the curtain of the hospital's window. When their eyes met he gave him a little smile which Pete returned. 

Pete sat beside Vegas as the latter looked at him with curiosity. As much as he loved the fact that Pete was there, he couldn't help but wonder why was Pete there? Why didn't he leave? 

"I can't run off anywhere.

"I just wanna follow my heart."

Tears gathered in Vegas' eyes as he saw Pete coming closer to him. The latter's hand was caressing his own as his eyes looked deep into his.