Chapter 20 part 2

* MALIA *

It was all over. Tauriel saved Kili's life. I walked over to him and applied a cold poultice to his forehead. He was still pale, but most importantly he was alive. I ran my hand through his hair and brushed a strand from his forehead.

"Lia..." He whispered.

"I'm here. " I said with a smile. "It's all over, it's okay... " I added and started soaking the handkerchief again.

"You cannot be her..." He said and I looked at him. "She's far away... She's far... Far awal from me. She walks in starlight in another world. She... Her smile is so beautiful, her voice is a melody to my ears. I've never met... Someone like her... So beautiful, so smart... So amazing. One of a kind. Why would she stay here with me? After all, there are so many others... I would like to tell her so much... " I listened to what he was saying and I felt the tears coming to my eyes. "That's how much she means to me... The fact that each new day fulfilled with her is the most beautiful day in my life... The fact that life without her, would make no sense, and I live only for her. She keeps me alive..."Dwarf said in a whisper and a slightly hoarse voice. "You cannot be her... It's just a dream... " I felt the first drops of tears running down my cheeks. Brunet gently touched my hand and joined our hands together. "Do you... Do you think she could've loved me? " He asked and I smiled slightly to myself.

"She could..." I replied in a whisper, and after a while dwarf fell asleep so I wasn't sure if he heard me.

I took a deep breath in and out. I wiped my tears and looked at Tauriel, who was now smiling at me.

"Thank you. " I said to her through tears.

"It was worth to see a scene like this. " She replied and I smiled. "He loves you, Malia. "

I glanced at Kili, then I looked at Fili, who gave me a sincere smile.

"She's right. " Fili said. "I knew that from the very beginning. And although he didn't admit it completely... I knew he loved you. "

"And with reciprocity, it seems. " Bofur added with a smile. "I'm right? " He asked, raising one eyebrow up.

I just laughed.

"I think you know the answer. " I replied blushing.

***

I fell asleep next to Kili. I rested my head on the table top and fell asleep but after a few moments I felt someone touch my cheek. I opened my eyes and saw that Kili was awake. I sat back down and smiled at him before taking his hand.

"Hi. " I said with a smile.

"Hi. " He replied and gave me a slight smile as well. "Are you really here? " Asked uncertainly.

"I am. " I replied. "And I'm not going anywhere. " I added and felt a tear run down my cheek.

Kili looked into my eyes and didn't say anything for a long time. I didn't know if he remembered what he told me. I'l never forget it, anyway.

"Why...? " He said suddenly. "Why are you here...? Why did you stay with me? " Kili asked, and I looked at him in surprise.

After a while I smiled and shook my head. I looked at his eyes for a moment, then moved closer to him and joined our lips together in a gentle, warm kiss. Brunet didn't know what happened at first, but after a while he returned the gesture. On the side I heard Fili saying "Well, finally". But I didn't react to him. At this point, only Kili mattered.

"Any more stupid questions? " I asked with a smile after a while.

"No..." Dwarf replied and brushed a strand of my hair away, then smiled as well.

I moved closer again and hugged him. Kili hugged me and kissed my forehead at which I smiled again, but this time to myself.