Chapter 7

We ran through the forest as fast as we could. Bilbo tripped over one of the rocks, and I ran to help him.

"Come, quickly. " I said, helping him get up.

I turned behind me just in time to see one of wargs jump over us, and then slowly head towards us. I managed to pull out my sword and warg attacked. I pushed hobbit aside, and jumped the other way. The creature hit a tree with its head. He didn't know what had happened for a moment, but he quickly recovered and attacked me again. I swung my sword at him, which caused a scar on his muzzle. He wrote in pain and stepped back a few steps back, but he still didn't give up and came closer again. He jumped directly at me, but I managed to bend down and when the creature was in the air I stuck a sword straight into his heart, and after a while the beast was lying dead.

I turned to see what about the others. The Company was already fighting with other wargs. We probably could have beaten them, but from second to second more creatures appeared, which meant that they had a much greater numerical advantage. I ran to Thorin to help him, because orcs were attacking him from both sides. Some were on their wargs and some were not. I walked one from behind and stabbed him with a sword in his chest, then attacked the next and the next. I heard that someone was behind me and I bent down just in time when one of orcs swung his sword at me. I turned to him in front and deflected another blow. He attacked hard and fast, but I could handle it. I did another dodge, and then with one quick movement I kicked the nasty man in the stomach. He staggered, and I took advantage of his moment of inattention and cut off his head. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Thorin, who was doing great in combat, but when I noticed one of the orcs aiming at him from the bow, I immediately reacted. He released the arrow, but fortunately at the last minute I managed to cut it in half with my sword. Another one he shot straight at me this time, but I deflected it with my weapon and then attacked him with a quick movement. Creature didn't have time to react when I ran up and stuck a sword in his stomach. We exchanged communicative glances with Oakenshield and ran to the others.

"Up into the trees! " Gandalf shouted as we reached them.

At first I didn't know why, but after a while I noticed that we were on the edge of the abyss and we had nowhere to run. I looked around for Kili, didn't see him anywhere, and started worrying that something might happen to him. But that thought quickly disappeared when I heard his voice behind me. He took my hand and led me to the tree.

"Quickly. " He said and knelt beside me. He folded his hands so that I could stand on them and climb the tree.

Kili picked up me, and Fili, who was already on the tree, helped me climb higher.

We went as high as possible so that wargs wouldn't reach us, but I was afraid that it might still be too low, as for these creatures, because they jumped quite high. At the top I saw Gandalf taking on his stick an insect similar to a butterfly, or maybe it was a butterfly. Although a moth could also be a more likely option. I didn't know. He whispered something to it and then let moth fly away. I had no idea what he meant, but well... Everyone is a little crazy. And all the best people are crazy, right? Tree we were on shook, under the weight of the warg that tried to climb it, but fortunately he didn't succeed. He tried, two more times, but it didn't work out anyway. Fortunately. But I didn't know how long the trees could withstand such a weight... The creatures growled at us, but fell silent when their master appeared...

I didn't believe my eyes, nor did Thorin, who leaned out to see if he was wrong. He wasn't wrong. Not far from us, on the rock stood a big, white warg, and on it sat Azog. In one hand he held something like a club, and in the other hand, or rather, in the place where his hand should have been, there was a sword pierced by his hand. I guessed that it was Thorin who cut off his hand during the first skirmish with him. He was pale and his body was covered with scars from the fight. The eyes, on the other hand, were full of hatred.