Chapter 2

Zack's POV:

Blinding lights. Thunderous music. I hated that place more than I could live to tell. My "amazing" friends, though, thought it would be a great idea to drag me there, to a nightclub. I didn't understand the concept behind dancing like crazy people and hooking up with complete strangers. If it was about socializing, I was an innate introvert. Talking to strangers has never been one of my strengths.

My friends' motives, on the other hand, were as clear as water. They were here to sleep around, which was not impossible with their astounding visuals.

Liam was standing by the bar, sporting a close fitted shirt which emphasized his buff physique. He was engaged in a conversation with a girl, whose face was hidden by the dim lighting. Liam pushed a stray, waxy strand of his slicked back blonde hair into place. That was his habit whenever he was interested in someone. She got closer, placing her arms around Liam's neck. They were about to kiss, when his forest green eyes met mine. He waved at me with a mocking smile as I rolled my eyes.

Liam is the jokester of our group of four, who people either loved or hated. Girls obsess over a second with him. He is the 'it' guy at our pharmaceutical major.

Noah and I were seated at a table near the bar. He was taking occasional sips of his colorful drink as curiosity ate at me at what the drink could be called. Maybe Casanova something? But it could be anything and it wouldn't matter. I was bored out of my mind as Noah all but had his face stuck to his phone.

'Noah.', I said through my clenched teeth.

'Yeah?', he responded dismissively.

'It seems you've forgotten that you were the one who got me here in the first place.', I continued. And that was partly true, considering he was the one who suggested that we go clubbing instead of hanging out anywhere else. Liam and Ethan did all the convincing.

'Nah. That was one of my few achievements.', he said as a chuckle escaped his lips.

'Fine. Fine. We'll go soon.', he said, after meeting my burning gaze. But he had been saying that for an hour.

I let out an exhausted sigh.

'Where's Ethan?', I asked.

'Probably dancing somewhere.', he answered, his face hidden by his brown hair, twirled into flawless curls, as he was still staring at his phone.

What was so interesting?

I sneak a peek at his phone to find him texting someone by the contact name of 'Jess'. That wasn't anything new as they have been friends for the longest time, with benefits that is.

'Sorry Zack, gotta run. Jess's here.', he said in a hurry as his ocean blue eyes lit up.

'Go on.', I said, my voice muffled by my hand across my face.

Noah got up and strode away as I wondered about what he ate as a child to grow this tall. With an astonishing height of 6'2, he was the tallest among us. The memory of Noah teasing Ethan for being the shortest then came into mind. I smiled to myself.

I let my eyes wander around until I spotted Ethan dancing with all his might on the dancefloor, with his black wavy hair dancing with him. Ethan was the living example of an extrovert. I don't think I have seen him embarrassed or scared of the unknown, at least visibly, as I am. He has always been confident, facing every situation head on. Girls find that confidence attractive and his delicately slanted eyes alluring. He knows it, though, as he claims he is the most wanted guy at campus. Confident much? Yes.

Unlike my three best friends, I am not capable of messing around with someone I had no feelings for, I can't smoke and the list goes on. So, I am always asked,

'Why do you hang out with such a crowd?'

'Won't it rub off you?'

'Was it peer pressure?'

It was none of that. I had sought them out because of my parents, who suffocated the life out of me. It was mentally exhausting, trying to meet their unrealistic expectations. I was not the straight A's, model student they wanted me to be, despite my efforts. So, at first, the guys were my way of rebelling against them. I would keep them company for the sake of getting on my parents' nerves. That worked, as they abhor even the thought of any of the guys. But, those three eventually grew on me. The second I earned their friendship, they were more than ready to build to a wall around me, protecting me from people like my parents and other people, aspiring to see me fall.

We are the four musketeers: I am the one and they are the three. I still can't forget that time when I was suffering from name calling and they had my back. I felt like I didn't deserve such great friends and cried my heart out. They were there to comfort me then and they tease me about it now.

The atrocious music snapped me out of my trance. I felt like my head was splitting into two. I had to get myself out of there, even if it meant leaving the guys behind. I had had enough. They would forgive me.

I rose from my place and started towards the exit, which was opposite to where I was seated. The dance floor seemed like the best shortcut to the exit. The sooner, the better.

With that in mind, I pushed through the heaps of people, when I found a distressed girl on the ground. I rushed to help her as anyone would. She noticed my presence as she raised her head, our eyes meeting. Her electric blue eyes were sparkling with the lights, captivating me that I failed to notice how much of a mess she was. Her lace crop top and denim shorts were stained and her long, jet black hair drenched from whatever had happened to her. I stretched my hand towards her, helping her up. She had a slim figure, curving in all the right places and her outfit emphasized that even more so.

'Are you okay?', I shouted over the music, concern lacing my voice.

'I guess, yeah. Thanks.', she shouted back.

Silence then settled in, excluding the music.

I struggled to talk, being my introvert self as she looked out of it. I wanted to ask her if she was okay again, but that would be overdoing it. As a thousand thoughts rushed in like a wave inside my brain, she spoke.

'Hey,', she said.

'You're really cute.', she continued, smiling as her eyes turned into crescents.

I marveled at how beautiful her smile was.

'Thanks?', I said as I didn't know how to respond to that.

I was fine until she touched my cheek, making me melt under her gentle touch. My heart started racing as I felt my body burn.

'Calm down. I don't bite. Unless you want me to.', she whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. What was she doing to me? Was she drunk?

She didn't give me a chance to think straight as she then traced her fingertips down my face, jawline, neck until she reached my chest, resting her hand on it. My breath hitched.

Her face then approaches mine slowly as our lips almost connect. I felt ecstatic. My lust almost got the better of me, but I knew better. She was drunk and I shouldn't take advantage of that.

I stepped away from her as a shocked expression took over her features. She hid her face by looking down. Upon seeing her reaction, I felt horrible. It was just a kiss. But, again, this wasn't right. My mind was fighting in a losing battle against my desires.

I approached her once again to talk, but once our eyes met, I felt myself being swept in by her. I couldn't break our eye contact as I slowly got closer and closer...

I glanced at those gorgeous blue eyes once more as my lips landed onto hers with more force than I had intended. It was like my body was moving on its own, but I let it. I had caved in and kissed her, leaving my regrets for later. 

-----End of Chapter 2-----

Thanks for reading! Have a great day/night!