Chapter 7

I've been in LA for a week now and things are going great between Mark and I. Were not yet dating. We decided that as for now, we'll remain bestfriends until I graduate law school and Mark's dating ban is lifted, so that no responsibilities are attached to our relationship just yet. But we both know that we love each other and that's enough to make us stay by each other's side.

Today is a Friday and the last weekend until Mark has to return to Korea. Our moms decided that we should all drive up to the cottage and spend a relaxing 3 day weekend under the starry night around the campfire. It's 3:30pm and Mark said he'll come by at 4 to pick me up. We will drop by a couple of places to pick up food and drinks, since we were put in-charge by our moms.

The doorbell rang and I ran downstairs to get the door. When I opened it, Mark walked in with a wide smile and gave me a hug. He looked very good in his dark blue with white polka dots button up tucked into his black skinny slacks. He helped me with my things and we made our way to the car.

Our first stop was Starbucks to grab some drinks for the road. Then we headed to Costco to buy food. As we were walking around, me grabbing whatever seemed delicious and Mark pushing the cart behind me, someone called Mark's name. We both turned to take a look at who called him, and to my surprise it was Jade, Mark's obsessive ex-girlfriend.

I remember that when I was in 11th grade and Mark was a senior, he was dating Jade. Jade, in my opinion, was the most clingy, obsessed and jealous girlfriend Mark had ever had. She always got mad at me when Mark and I hung out because she thought I was out to steal Mark from her. Even during times when we went out to family dinners, where our parents planned where we went and ate, she would tag along to make sure Mark doesn't get near me. And in times where she couldn't come, she'd make him call her every half an hour.

Eventually after only a couple of months of dating, she asked Mark what I was to him. She told him that she didn't like how I was always close with him and that he'd do anything that I say. She told Mark to choose between her and me, and Mark realized that Jade was not the one for him and chose his bestfriend. Therefore they broke up, but Jade didn't stop there. She stalked him everywhere he went, called him every night and begged him to get back with her. Eventually, Mark got fed-up and told her that if she didn't stop, he wont hesitate to call the police and press charges. Since then, we didn't hear anything about her.

She walked up and gave Mark a hug. Mark had a disgusted look on his face while she was hugging him, but he was a nice guy, so he pretended to smile in front of her and make it seem like he was happy to see her after so long. I was expecting even just a simple hi or a smile from her, but I was totally ignored.

"Mark! It's been so long. How are you? You're looking good! How's Korea? How's life as an idol? How's GOT7? Do you know that I'm the head of one of your fanclubs?" she asked without breathing once and not letting Mark answer. "Aww you're still shy and cute like the last time I saw you. Are you single?"

Mark gave a shaky laugh and looked in my direction. "Yeah, I'm single. Dating ban and all, you know?"

"Oh, right! So where are you going? What's all that food for? Do you want to go out for dinner with me?" she asked.

"Sorry Jade, but y/n and I going to spend the weekend with the family before I go back to Korea. That's why were here to get food," Mark replied.

Jade glared at me and said, "Oh. Your bestfriend, right?" The way she looked at me made me want to hit her so badly, but I composed myself. I want to be the matured one between the both of us.

"Actually my girlfriend, once the dating ban is lifted and all. Well, nice running into you Jade. We will head on our way now. We're running late. Bye!" Mark said, as he grabbed my hand and pushed the cart towards the cashier. I just followed him, blushing at what he said.

Girlfriend. I smiled to to myself.

Jade was left behind wide eyed, on the verge of tears. "Wow, she hasn't changed a bit. I think if she was in Korea, she'd be a sasaeng," he whispered to me. I didn't reply as I was still shocked with him calling me his girlfriend.