2

Well, she couldn’t be sure of that. She may have seen better looking guys in her time before she arrived at the Glade, but of course, she couldn’t remember.

 “What’s going on?” the boy said, wiping a bead of sweat from his forehead and taking huge lung filling breaths. Then he spotted Pasty and his eyes widened.

 “What the klunk is a girl doing here?” he rasped. Pasty waved mockingly.

 “Alright there? You must be Minho.”

 Minho nodded uncertainly, an eyebrow raised. The Asian boy had jet black hair and soft, yet arrogant brown eyes. It was obvious the kid was strong, with his muscles shown clearly through his black t-shirt. Regaining his confidence, he grinned at Pasty.

 “Yeah that’s me. Someone get me a shuckin’ glass of water before I die of dehydration.”

 Alby handed him a metal cup of water and Minho drank it quickly. He was handed another cup straight away.

 “Ah, man. I need a shower.” He took off his t-shirt and used it to wipe his face and neck of sweat.

 “Later. As you can see, we are in deep klunk.”

 Minho took the seat on the other side of Pasty and she tried to keep her eyes on Alby.

 “Alright then. First, Pasty, can you think of anything other than your name?”

 “I thought that we already established this. No.”

 “Alright, alright. Just checking. Next. Does anything or anyone around here trigger any memories?”

 “Nope.”

 “Shuck it, Alby. We’re wasting our time here. She obviously doesn’t know any more than we do about life outside here,” Minho said. Pasty nodded.

 “He’s right. Just because I’m a girl, why does this make me a target of suspicion?”

 “We have to treat everything with suspicion! Anything out the normal is an object of suspicion!” Alby growled.

 “Slim it, Alby. She don’t know nothing. And she must be terrified. Think how you felt when you first arrived here, not knowin’ a shuckin’ thing. You were just about ready to klunk your pants. Why not start by giving her the Tour? If anything else strange happens, we can call another Gathering. It’s getting late anyway,” Newt said. Murmurs of agreement filled the room.

 “Alright, alright. But I ain’t giving her the shucking tour. Any volunteers?”

 “I will,” Minho said. Gally wolf whistled which was followed by some people laughing. Pasty felt herself blush, but played it cool.