Chapter 4: A Crime Within the Wall

March 6, 2024 Floor 56: Pani

Asuna placed her hand on a field that was not far from their current location.  She and Kirito had met back on floor 1.  They were best friends at first from there, but now they became untrustworthy towards each other.

"We lure the boss over here in the field using the NCPs as bait." said the Vice Commander, "And while it's killing them, we attack all of its weakest points, killing it faster."

Kirito sighed to himself as everyone else murmured in uncertainty, Kirito then began to leave the cave. Asuna noticed him walking away.

"Anything you would like to add, Black Swordsman?" she asked.

Kirito stopped in his tracks. He looked over his shoulder, showing a hint of disappointment and disgust in his face.

"Nothing." he said, "Just want to get out of here before it gets noisy. You know, the NPCs can scream in pain and terror."

"NPCs can respawn unlike us." said Asuna, glaring at Kirito, "Unless you have a better idea."

"No, but for sure, yours wouldn't suit me either."

"I'm running this operation. I'm second-in-command of the Knights of the Blood Oath. So, if you want to take part in this attack, then I suggest you do everything I say."

Later...

Kirito was the first to leave, not wanting to see Asuna or Klein's guilds.

"Still at each other's throats I see." said a voice.

Kirito turned to see Agil, leaning against a wall.

"But, seriously," he said, "what's going on with you two?"

"I guess we're just water and fire." said Kirito, holding his shoulders up, showing that he doesn't know.

"He's probably agitated that you could never be contacted easily, and now, you show up. Maybe if you talk to more players..."

"I talk to you."

"...who doesn't pay you for info. What kind of friendship is that?"

"Fair enough."

With Asuna...

Asuna's walk to a place where she can get potions was rather pleasant. Players waved at her and adored her. She then saw a black figure, lying on the grass. Oh, great. She thought as she rolled her eyes in complete annoyance, him again. She felt disgusted, seeing a powerful solo-player, who can get them out of this mess, taking a nap. She stomped her way to him.

"What are you doing?" she said with much anger in her.

Kirito grumbled as he opened one eye, seeing an angry Asuna. He then closed his eyes.

"You do know that everyone on the Assault Team is working their butts off to clear the dungeon, right?" said Asuna, "And if you're a solo-player, or whatever, because I don't see your partner today alone in one party, you need to take this more seriously and further more-"

"You always like this?" said Kirito.

"Excuse me?"

"It's Aincrad's best season, today's weather, and it's at its best setting. It's a shame that you just had to waste an entire day, fighting in some old and dusty dungeon."

"Everyday we spend here is a day in real life wasted!"

"But we're still alive, we should be enjoying what's happening all around us."

The wind picked up, blowing a warm breeze at the two.

"See?" said Kirito, smiling a bit, "You should enjoy the sunshine and details."