Chapter 3

Jesus someone pray for me..

I get to my street and decide to drive slowly because I'm way too scared to go inside.

I had an idea to put my phone in my backpack pocket and drop it by the door so my mom doesn't have the idea on taking it from me. 

I walk through the door to be greeted by a hand slapping me across my face. I stumble back making my leg hit one of the hinges on the door frame. 

"What the hell were you thinking? Who told you you could go hangout with "friends"" Mom says screaming in my face. 

"I-I don't k-know. I figured y-you wouldn't c-care.." I say trying to hold back the tears from falling down my face.

She grabs a huge chunk of my hair and starts dragging me towards the stairs banging my head into the railing. 

My nose starts bleeding as she walks away in disgust.

I tilt my head up while I start walking up the stairs heading towards my room with my backpack. I head into the bathroom to wash my face and my hands to get all the blood off of me.

My phone lights up causing me to finish what I was doing faster just to see what it was.

Eli: Heyyy boo boo, so sorry I was angry earlier hope you didn't get in trouble with your parents. 

I stare at myself in the mirror debating on whether or not I should tell him what happened. I don't even remember when I gave Eli my number if I even gave it to him at all.

Me: Nope totally fine.

Eli: We're having a science project assigned to us tomorrow, Miguel will give you his address tomorrow so you can help.

Me: Yea sure I'll be partners with you Eli, thanks for asking. 

I turn my phone off leaving it into the bathroom so I can cry myself to sleep without any interruptions.

-----------------------------------------------------

I jolt up by a loud banging on my door hearing "Lilah get the fuck up!! If you're not out of this house for school in 10 minutes you'll be going with a black eye to match your bruised nose!!?!"

I internally sigh wondering why I'm not a good enough daughter for her..

I walk towards my closet just grabbing a pair of light blue ripped jeans and an oversized Michigan state sweatshirt. As I'm starting to put the jeans on over my knee I slam my thigh under the counter in my bathroom causing my to wince in pain.

Within 7 minutes I'm ready to head out of the door until I forget I need to fill up my water bottle. I walk back towards the kitchen and start filling up my bottle with ice and water. 

"What the hell are you still doing here, get the fuck out of my house." mom says walking over to me. I sigh at how sad my life is which only causes her to punch me like she said she'd do.

I fall on the ground in shock on how my own mother can just easily assault me without any remorse or regret.

I walk out of the house towards my car thinking she didn't hit me hard enough to create a bruise on my cheek bone.

I get to school parking in my regular parking spot and begin to get out of my car, Eli and Miguel walk up to me with Lilly and Maddy not that far behind.

"Woah boo boo what the hell happened to your face?" Eli say's while tilting my head to the side with his thumb. 

Miguel slaps his hand off of my face causing me to flinch, "N-nothing I just f-fell off of my b-bed and hit my h-head on my desk l-leg." I start to fiddle with my hair tie getting a little bit nervous thinking they can see right through my terrible lie.