New team

Koenma's pov:

I heard the doors to my office open before hearing a familiar voice. "Hello Koenma sir" Carine speaks up bowing. "Hello, have you thought of my offer?" "Yes, and I am willing to accept it on one condition." I raise a brow at the word 'condition'. "And what might that condition be?" There was a long pause before Carine finally speaks up again.

"Payment. Financially."

You may be wondering what offer I'm talking about, hm? Well, you see, Carine has been working for me for quite some time now, and the upcoming mission is extra difficult for Yusuke and the others. So I offered her to join their team in exchange, I would bring her mother back to life. Never would I have expected her to ask for financial help. But nonetheless, I accepted her terms as it shouldn't be a problem.

Carine's pov:

I went over to Genkai's temple where I supposedly was gonna meet my new teammates. I knocked on the door 3 times before entering, they all turned to look at me and I froze.

Shuichi? Out of all people, Shuichi had to be there. The person whom I was trying to avoid because of the way awkward instances I had with him. My feelings were perplexed as I walk over to them.

I stared for a few seconds and quickly turned to look at the rest not knowing what to do. "Errr.. Hi" I said mentally urging at least one of them to speak. "Hi!" The ginger head piped up smiling like an idiot. Well, at least I didn't get the last word.

The shorty that had raven black hair defying gravity charged towards me sword at the ready at an immense speed. However, everything looked so slow to me.

Just before he could get a good hit on me I caught his sword in between to fingers and threw it off to the side. In my peripheral vision, I saw his foot about to kick me so I jumped in the air to avoid getting hit. "Woah you got some anger issues or something?" "Hn" Jerk, I thought eyeing the rest who were watching wide eyed.

"Sooo do ya'll have a tongues orrrrr...????" "Ah yes my names Yusuke, the red head is Kurama, the idiot is Kuwabara, and the shorty is Hiei"

"Well hello everyone, I am Carine. Nice to meet all of you." I said to the others bowing. Yusuke and Kuwabara started fighting for God knows what while the three of us sweat dropped at this.

Koenma cleared his throat before beginning to explain the mission. He had an ogre distribute blue folders to each of us containing the details of the mission.

"So this is basically like the saint beast thing but 5 beasts who are stronger than the last?" Yusuke clarified while flipping through the pages of the file. "Yes, but these are A class demons we are talking about, the last ones were D and C classes." Koenma replied.

"Alright, when do we start?" Kurama questioned, "We can start later or tomorrow, whichever you lot prefer." Koenma replied mostly towards Kurama. "Alright, let's reconvene at the park tomorrow at 12 pm." said Kurama as we all went out separate ways.