Chapter 6

Aphrodite sucks.

I was feeling bold in the new outfit, even though it's horrendous, and basically new face, so I gave Leo a kiss (autocorrect really said kids) on the forehead.

Leo walked off to his own cabin to fix his nosebleed and then everyone else went to their own cabins, as I said I would tell them what happened in Olympus the next day.

It was dark and so Jason walked Piper back and Percy walked Annabeth back. I sighed and walked to my cabin alone. I wondered about Calypso.

I know, I know.

I should be worried about the insanity spirits roaming, if even the mere mention of them scared the Olympians. Annabeth had loaned me her computer an hour ago. I said I would give it back the next day so I was fine.

I opened it and began to look up the maniae so I could know more about what I was supposed to fight. I remember Jason walking in and me putting the computer away, but nothing else. I guess I fell asleep.

Bleh.

It started out as that weird nightmare, but it began to twist into darkness, a crazy mess I couldn't make sense of even though I tried. It was absolute... insanity.

Like the maniae.

Oh no. They were already in my dreams. I could feel myself slowly going crazy just from having them inside my head. The whole time I kept screaming to myself 'WAKE UP!! COME ON, WAKE UP!!' as I was on the verge of literal insanity, I woke up and stared at the ceiling.

I tried to calm my breathing as I realized I was drenched in sweat and tangled up in my blanket. I took a deep breath in and out when I heard the cabin door open. I freaked and grabbed my pocketknife. I flicked it open as the stranger came into view.

"Leo," I breathed. "You scared me half to death!"

"Sorry, sorry. I felt like something was wrong so I wanted to come see if you were okay."

I slightly blushed at his words. They were so sweet, and, I wouldn't tell anyone, but I had a bit of a crush on the boy. I'll admit it here, but if Piper or Annabeth or one of them asks, nope. Of course Aphrodite was right. She's had literal millennia to figure humans out.

The heat in my face quickly died out as I walked back over to my bed and patted it so Leo would come sit down. He walked over and sat next to me. "So, are you alright?" I nodded. "Am now. It was just a nightmare." I could see him frown through the shadows.

"You know demigod dreams usually mean something right?"

I nodded. I couldn't tell him without telling him everything that happened in Olympus. I sighed. "I'll explain everything. But I have to tell you what happened in Olympus first." As I explained, I could tell he was getting more panicked by the second. When I told him my dream, he was basically hyperventilating.

"Some of us go out whole lives without a quest. Some die on their first. You've barely been here a month and you're already leaving?!" Leo almost shouted.

"Shh! You'll wake up Jason!" He put his hands over his mouth. " He leaned over and tapped my leg in a certain rhythm. Morze code. S-O-R-R-Y. I gave him a reassuring smile. Why couldn't we just tap out our messages? We were both fluent in Morse code. I asked him and we had the rest of our talk in tapping.

It went something like this:

"Are you seriously going on a quest?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"You still need to stay here and train! Based off your dream, these weird spirits are no easy thing to take down."

"You're right, they probably won't go down without a huge fight. But I can't risk anyone else going crazy just because of a few freed ghosts!"

"They are much more dangerous than Casper the little ghostie Y/N!"

"I know! I was almost driven insane by them in a dream! Just a dream!"

"... What?"

"They almost made me go crazy. I was almost nuts! Seriously!"

His eyes widened. "I'm staying with you tonight."

"What? No! What if someone catches you and gets the wrong idea?"

"Ah screw them" I was very surprised by his outburst, but ended up letting him stay anyway. He curled up in my bed and pulled me beside him.

My face was burning, and I didn't realize his was too. My face was buried in his chest and we fell asleep.