Little Pretty

"What?!" Key shrieked, slamming his locker shut and startling Taemin.

"Shh!" The younger of the two clamped a hand over the elder's mouth, "Quit being so loud!"

Key rolled his eyes and pried Taemin's hand off his mouth. "Okay, so you're telling me that Yuri noona rejected Minho and you expect me to be quiet about it?"

"I was hoping you would." Taemin grumbled, hands falling limply at his sides.

"Are you kidding? I'm the Almighty Key," the other scoffed, "I don't do quiet."

Taemin could only sigh and pull his hyung toward their first for the morning; History. The younger boy could only thank the heavens that he and Minho didn't have class together until the afternoon. He figures he could avoid Minho until then. But a question haunted him.

Why the hell am I running away from him? It's not like was the one rejected him.

He resisted the urge to just slam his head against something— anything to stop him from thinking too much again. Okay, so he has a crush(he swears he's not in love.Yet.)  on his 'best-est friend ever'. Big deal. Practically everyone could see it. Well, except for the ever-oblivious idiot. It was amazing, really, how the person who swears he knows him more than anyone could be the most blind out of all of them.

"Seriously though, Taem." Key sighed as he and Taemin began climbing up the stairs, "What do you see in that ..frog? Why do you even like him?"

It made Taemin think. Minho was probably the most dense guy he'd met. Probably the most stubborn, too. So why did he?

Taemin shrugged nonchalantly in return. "I honestly don't know the answer either."

"You're hopeless."

Taemin couldn't have agreed more.

"You're late." Mr. Cho tsked, glaring at the two boys.

"Chill, Mr. C," Key waved nonchalantly as he and Taemin walked in, "We were only late for like.. a minute."

"That still counts as tardy."

"Ridiculous. It was only a minute." Key scoffed and plopped down on his seat at front.

Mr. Cho narrowed his eyes at the bored-looking boy. "Perhaps you should learn your manners, young man."

Key said nothing and instead propped his feet on the desk and crossed his arms, head cocked slightly to the side and a smirk on his lips. "You were saying?"

"Why do I even bother." the poor man sighed and went about his lecture.

The man droned on and on about the World War and whatnot. Taemin found himself drifting off and dreaming about rainbows, unicorns and candy. It was one of the best dreams he'd had in a while. He was just about to get to the good part (He was about to catch a rather large candy cane while calling out 'I'm gonna catch ya' repeatedly) when he felt a sharp sting on his head. The candy cane he had been chasing disappeared in puff of cloud, leaving him wailing for it to come back. The soft, cotton candy ground beneath him cracked and gave way.

With an unmanly shriek, Taemin bolted up and saw the unamused face of his teacher.

"I mean uhh.." He waved his hands unenthusiastically, "Yay, history?"

The class burst into fits of laughter, causing Mr. Cho's scowl to deepen. "Since you seem to find my lecture boring, Mr. Lee, why don't you take those papers to Ms. Song at room 410C."

"But—"

"Now, please."

"Is this even allo—"

"Or would you rather have detention?"

"Ms. Song of 401C." Taemin immediately stood and gathered the rather large stack of papers in his arms, "Got it."

Taemin proceeded to walk from room 401C. Apparently, Ms. Song was not at the said classroom, but rather at 301C which was at the floor below. The boy grumbled out curses. He could barely see what was in front of him. Only his bleach blonde hair could be seen as he navigated himself towards the stairs.He cursed again, slowly inching towards the first step. Taemin wasn't sure if somebody hated him up there or he was just plain clumsy, but his foot slipped. The papers in his arms flew up in their as he cried out, arms flailing to grab on to something. He screwed his eyes shut, waiting for the painful impact, but no pain came.  He vaguely bacame aware of an arm wrapped around his torso.

"Hey, you okay?"

Taemin slowly opened his eyes and looked up. His face flushed and his heartbeat accelerated as he stared into a pair of brown orbs.

"Y..yeah."

His savior smiled and Taemin swore his heart almost stopped. He was still vaguely aware of the papers fluttering around them and others lying on the floor, but Taemin couldn't help but get lost in those eyes. They stood in that position for a while before Taemin cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Could you like, uhmm.." he mumbled, "help me up?"

"Oh, right. Sorry." His savior grinned and helped the boy stand upright.

Taemin stared up at the looming form before him, suddenly feeling small. This guy was tall, like really tall. He studied the other boy's face, but he couldn't quiet recognize him. And that was something because Taemin knew everybody.

"Thanks for helping me." Taemin smiled slightly, extending out his arm for the other boy to shake, "My name's Taemin. You?"

The tall boy smiled in return, taking Taemin's hand as he bowed slightly. The boy pressed a light kiss on the back of the flustered boy's hand and Taemin could feel himself blushing more. And the fluttering in his stomach didn't help either.

"What a lovely name for a lovely boy." the latter commented, still not letting go of Taemin's hand.

Taemin stood frozen. He was sure he would become a permanent tomato is the boy kept being so bloody charming.

"You can call me Kris, little pretty."