Chapter 12

Dani’s POV

Dani woke up with a groan as she rolled out of her bed. Ugh. She had really overdone it on the coffee. If this is how she felt after several cups of coffee she could only imagine what she would feel like under the influence of alcohol. After stumbling to the bathroom to wash her face and take an aspirin she decided to head downstairs for some breakfast. Grabbing a robe from her closet she shuffled down her stairs and walked into the kitchen.

“What the hell are you doing here?!?” she screeched taking in the sight of Kevin freshly showered and cooking in her kitchen.

“Cooking breakfast. Take a seat,” Kevin replied pointing at the small kitchen table with his spatula.

“How did you get in my house? Oh my God, what did I do last night? No, this has to be a dream. This is all a dream. That’s right I just have to pinch myself and I will wake up,” she said pinching her arm hard. Why wasn’t she waking up?

“Stop pinching yourself. I’m really in your house making pancakes. I drove you home last night.” She vaguely recalled Kevin helping her into a car to take her home.

“Then why are you still here? This has to be a dream.”

“You passed out before we got here. I was afraid to leave you alone so I slept here on the couch. I hope you don’t mind that I used the shower. Promise me you won’t sell the towel I used on Ebay?” Her face bloomed red.

“That’s not funny, Kevin.” Secretly she squealed at the thought of Kevin using her shower.  She was a Jonas fan after all. He set a plate of fresh chocolate chip pancakes in front of her. She inhaled the heavenly scent.

“I need your help.” She groaned as she dug into the plate before her.

“So there is an ulterior motive to your pancakes then?” She waited as he mulled her question over. She wondered just how he would dig himself out of this one.

“The pancakes are just to be nice. I’m hoping you’ll help me because I’m your favorite Jonas brother.”

“Who told you that?” she asked looking at him in alarm. Kevin seemed nervous before he answered.

“No one. I just assumed I was your favorite since I’m so good looking.”

“Eh, you’re passable at best.” He laughed as she froze in shock. Was she just flirting with him? “What’s the favor?”

“I need you to help me convince Nicole to choose me over Nick.” Nicole. Of course. She had almost been able to forget his crush on her best friend. Nicole was the fun, vivacious actress. Of course he wanted her. He would never want some pathetic store clerk who couldn’t even handle one lousy cup of coffee.

“And how do you suppose I would do that?”

“Just talk me up to Nicole. Steer her in the direction of Kevin instead of Nick. Please?” She pushed the plate of pancakes away suddenly no longer hungry.

“What is it that you like so much about Nicole?” He seemed stumped for a minute.

“She’s sweet and generous. Gentle and beautiful. And she’s always been there for me. She’s kind of the perfect girl I guess.” She watched as he smiled widely at her. She supposed he was right. Nicole was the perfect girl. And the perfect girl deserved the perfect guy even if he was the man of her best friend’s dreams.

“Fine. I’ll help you.” Kevin cheered and then grabbed her in a hug squeezing her tight. Dani relished the feeling of being in his arms.

“Dani we have to talk now! What the hell is going on here?!?” Nicole’s voice rang out. Kevin quickly released her and Dani winced when she saw Nicole’s face. This couldn’t be good.

[AN: What do you think? Is Nicole angry? Or is she secretly thrilled for Dani? Let me know! ]