Chapter 13

Y/N's POV

We were all sitting around a campfire, grieving the loss of Raven.

"Did she suffer ?" I asked Hank.

"Not for long"

"I know we've had our differences in the past, but..."

"We both cared for Raven"

"There's been a sighting of the girl" Someone announced.

"Where ?" Erik asked.

"New York. We'll have eyes on the ground when we get there"

Erik got up and pulled a box from under the couch. He opened it and took his old helmet.

"We're leaving" He said, as we all began getting ready.

~

We made it to New York. We stood in front of a tall building on a busy street.

"She's in there" I said.

"Hello, old friend, sister" We heard a voice from behind us.

When we turned around we saw Charles and the X-Men.

"Save the 'old friend' shit, Charles. And stay out of our way" Erik said, clearly angry.

"I'm sorry for what she did. But I can't let you go in there"

"You're always sorry Charles. And there's always a speech. But nobody cares anymore"

"If we do this here, now, they'll see us as monsters. Violent freaks, fighting on the streets of New York. Damn it, your island will be gone. Everything you care about" Charles said.

"Save it" I answered.

"If you touch her, I will fucking kill you" Scott said.

"Don't do this. Killing Jean will not bring Raven back" Charles said.

"Did you not care for Raven ? It seems you care for no one but yourself since I've left" I said.

"It was an accident"

"The girl dies" Erik said as Hank ran towards the building.

We flew across the street, but Scott began shooting us with his lasers. While the other mutants were distracted, Erik and I walked inside.

There was Jean. Looking down upon us, with a blond woman by her side.

"I know whose blood that was" Erik said.

We flew towards Jean and the woman next to her.

"You cast me out. Now you come here to kill me ?"

"That's right"

I tried using a sharp piece of metal to kill her, but she managed to keep it away from her face. The metal fell to the floor as Jean smiled.

"And you couldn't even do that. Let me show you how" She said as she began crushing our skulls slowly.

Before she could kill us, she threw us into a window and we fell outside as I slowly passed out from my injuries.

~

When I woke up, I was in a large train with the X-Men and Erik. We had collars controlling our mutations around our necks.

"Jean was never the villain. I was. I should never have lied to her. I was wrong. But this power, inside of her, I never put that there. I would never do anything to intentionally hurt her. That isn't me and this is not Jean. We can still save her. She's still Jean inside" Charles said.