Chapter 6 - Saving Charlotte Part 1

Summary: It was a regular day for Henry and Charlotte. Henry's grades were falling and Charlotte decided to help him study. A quick mission in the Man Cave had them postpone their study session. But, when Henry came back, he couldn't find his curly head best friend anywhere.

Henry closed his locker with a bang. Miss Shapen had just informed him that if he failed the next exam, he'd have to take night school for him to have enough credits to graduate. He didn't want to go to school at night! He barely went to school during the day.

Sighing, he walked over to Charlotte's locker. He let the back of his head leaning against it, one hand holding his backpack over his shoulder, as he waited for her. She had L.I.M.P every Friday after school, and every time he would linger around until she got out so they could walk to work together. In the meantime, he could dwell on the fact that he was failing his classes.

Not a moment later, Charlotte came skipping down the stairs, smiling brightly. "Hey, Henry," she greeted cheerfully.

"Hey, Char," he scooted a bit so she could have access to her locker. "How was LIMP?"

Charlotte raised an eyebrow. "Are you really interested in hearing about it this time?" She teased.

Henry gave her a knowing grin instead of answering. Grabbing her bag, Charlotte closed her locker and they began to leave. Henry had one hand tucked in his pants pockets and Charlotte's held both straps of her bag as they started their walk to Junk N' Stuff. The two talked about everything and anything that came to mind.

"Yeah," Charlotte spoke. "My uncle's cousin, who told his parents, who then told my aunt, who then told my grandparents, who then told my mom that I could inherit the family car when I turn 21."

Henry, confused about who told who, answered. "That's awesome!"

"I know!" Charlotte smiled. "Even if you don't get what I'm saying, I still appreciate you listening."

Henry laughed, scratching the back of his head. She knew him so well, maybe even better than he knew himself.

"Enough about me. What's been going on with you?" She asked.

"Ahh, nothing much," Henry shrugged. "Same old, same old, ya know, homework, Kid Danger, failing classes-"

"Wait," Charlotte stopped abruptly, catching his arm and making him halt too. "You're failing classes again?"

Henry ran his fingers through his blonde hair, causing it to become messier than before. "Yeah, with all the crime-fighting lately, I've been falling asleep in class."

"Henry..."

"I know, I know," he sighed. "You're going to say that I should balance my work and school like any other normal teen does."

"I wasn't going to say that."

"Hmm?"

"I wasn't going to say that," Charlotte gave him a comforting smile. "I was going to say that I understand." Henry was surprised, to say the least. He was not expecting that. "You're not a normal teen, Hen," she glanced around to make sure they were alone before continuing. "You're Kid Danger. That alone makes it harder for you than any other of our classmates."

"Wow," Henry smiled. "Thanks, Char."

"Don't mention it," she replied as they resumed their walk. "I can help you study. After work we can go back to your house and do some homework," she offered.

Henry beamed, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and pulling her close to him. "I seriously don't know what I would do without you."

"Awww," Charlotte grinned looking up at him. "That's why you have a Char," she sang.