Chapter 4 - The Great Cactus Con

Summary: Season 5 Episode 5. The Cactus Convention event. Henry and Charlotte are dating and Jasper is beyond thrilled. He gets to see both points of view from his two best friends.

"Happy Fajita Friday, people!" Jasper roared the minute the elevator doors opened. Holding a sizzling plate of Fajitas, he saw Ray, Henry and Charlotte on the couch tapping on their phones furiously.

Schowz was the only one who responded with, "Ooooo," and prepared himself a bib.

"It's not Friday-- it's Saturday," Henry said without looking up, his fingers moving with his powers.

"Oh, that would explain why I was the only one at school today," Jasper mused.

"Silence boy!" Ray shouted, irritated at being disturbed. "We're trying to buy tickets to Cactus Con!"

Jasper's eyebrows knitted together. "But they don't go on sale until Saturday."

Charlotte, whose patience is as high as a skyscraper, sighed. "Think it through..." she waited for a moment, then heard a loud clang come from behind. Henry shot her an amused look.

"Ohhhhh! Today's Saturday! I gotta buy tickets!" Before they knew it, Jasper was squatting behind the couch with his phone out. He handed it to his blonde friend to set up. Soon enough, they were all tapping on their phones as if there was no tomorrow.

"I don't understand why everyone loves this Cactus Convention so much," Schowz shrugged, sitting on his heels and putting the wasted Fajitas on the floor to good use.

"What?!" Ray gasped, sliding his phone to Henry. "Tap my phone for me, will ya?"

"Uhhhh-"

"Thanks, little buddy," he ruffled his hair, ignoring what he was about to say, before walking over to where his scientist was crouched down. "Cactus Con is Swellview's best convention. It's better than Wallet Con, Squirrel Con, and Chaka Con," he expressed, but Schowz still didn't seem to believe it.

Charlotte noticed and slid her phone over to Henry too. "You can tap one more, right?"

"Uh, no. I'm kin-"

"Thanks, sweetie," Henry's heart fluttered, as it always did whenever Charlotte called him nicknames. He felt his cheeks warm up and glanced down hoping that she wouldn't see it. Luckily for him, she had left to explain what Cactus Con was to Schowz. As his fingers moved with incredible speed, his eyes couldn't help but follow her, admiring as she talked about the convention.

"Still affects you, huh?" Henry jumped, his soul leaving his body. He had forgotten his other best friend was beside him, and he saw his actions. Jasper grinned at him, trying to tap as quickly as Henry but in vain.

"We've only been dating for a few weeks," Henry said. "Of course, it still affects me."

"More like a month and a half, but who's counting?" Jasper corrected. "It's nothing to be ashamed of, ya know."

"What?" Henry asked glancing at him.

"Let her see the effect she has on you," he advised. "Trust me, it'll make her feel secure and more connected to you."

"Secured? Wha- what's that supposed to mean?"

"It means she'll know you only have eyes for her. And that you're feeling the same way she is in your relationship."

Henry gaped at him like a fish out of water. "Wow, Jasp, I never knew you had so much wisdom on dating."

Jasper scoffed sadly. "Yeah, well, when you spend your time watching RomComs, you tend to pick up a few things," he looked at him, both their hands tapping up till now. "Not everyone can be as lucky as you guys. Some of us are stuck reading about it on websites or in books. It's pretty much the only romance we'll ever get in life."