Backstory

A/N: can skip this but you might not understand some areas of the story.

Y/N pov:

"The midnight sun rose across the sky. Lilac waited patiently for the love of her life to come meet her in their spot. As she turned around she was met with-"

"Y/N I KNOW YOU ARE READING ABOUT STARCROSSED LOVER BOOKS AGAIN! JUST GO OUTSIDE FOR ONCE INSTEAD OF BLOODY READING!" Mother called from the the ladder below my room.

"But-"

"No buts your going to get changed and hang out with your friends that you keep going on about.Also no books aloud!You need to get a firm grip on reality because the real world isn't a love story, and-"

"OH HUSH YOUR MOUTH. IM GONNA GOO."

I took my slip of paper and pulled it into my book.
I sat up took my nightwear off and changed into my usual outfit.

I was just not an outdoor child.

I wonder what I should pack? I could sneak my book in. Heh. I do not care what mother thinks I will take it. But I shall take my book, snacks and swimming stuff.

I picked my favourite book, ran to my wardrobe to get my swimwear, stole a snack put them in my basket and set of.

—————-

I passed through town on my way over to our nearest beach.

Groups children huddling around toy shops gazing at the latest toys made from the finest wood and expertly handcrafted.

People rushing from the bakery hoping to get last minute snacks for a family day.

I looked up to see the sea on the horizon.
It gleamed from the sun drawing a light blue ocean away from the shadows.

___/time skip\___

I sat at a quiet dock.

Further away from people the better.

So there I sat legs out over the last wooden plank finishing of a love story that I was reading earlier this morning.

I took one of my snacks out my bag and started munch away.

I could hear children chasing each other with sticks and screaming at the top of their tiny lungs.
Sounds of the sea could be heard shying away then coming back to shore.

It was peaceful.

I then hear splashing coming from further up the beach in a hidden cove.

I guess it's an even more hidden place over there. But the tide does start to pour in over in the cove so no one should be in that spot.

As I got closer I heard a enchanting song emitting from the waters.

My curiosity got the better of me, I dropped my book in my sack and waded over to where the noise was coming from mesmerised by a beautiful song.

Not caring I was about to be dragged out by the sea.

Before I knew it a persons head popped above the water.

Their body was beautiful every inch covered in a blue scale or shimmering skin.
Her orange hair bounced gracefully on their shoulders.
They had dark green-blue eyes with slits for pupils.
Her outline shimmered like a goddess.

She was beautiful. Magnificent even.

"Why hello dear~ how are you~ This gorgeous evening," she whispered into my ear.

I looked at her my thoughts growing wild.

I felt a blush creep on my face.

"Can I show you a little something~?" Her giggle filled the air.