Picture Day

On the first Monday of October every year, my school had picture day. And sure for a girl I should love picture day. I usually do but on this very day something was going to go wildly wrong. I'm practically a different person everyday. But it's not a mental issue. When I was 2 years old I was cursed by my aunt whom was jealous of my mother, and now I have a different personality each day. The rotation goes like so: Goofball (today), Sarcastic and moody, happy and cheerful, sad and angry, and finally shy. But like I said not mental, so I can still think clearly it's just that once I open my mouth, or something happens on my angry day, all hell breaks lose. And put my curse and a bully together, bad things happen. Elise Racdun is the biggest bully in school, on my angry and sarcastic days of the week, we argue, on cheerful days she can't stand my joy and leaves me alone. And my shy days, I act like anyone else... I just ignore her which I can't do on my other days. The only person who knows about the curse outside of the family are Sadie and Hazel. They've been my best friends for 7 years. We met the first day of first grade and we stuck. If they didn't know, they probably wouldn't be able to tolerate me. In the middle of my thoughts my mother hollered up the stairs."Celia! Get your lazy..." And before she could finish I hollered "I am up, and I'd watch your mouth for next time." I yelled back. Mom seemed to be the person who I could control my emotions around, out of all people, I wondered why her. After being lectured for being "fresh" I walked to the bus stop. After kissing a sign, talking to a tree, and dancing around like a maniac, all at the bus stop, the bus came and everyone around me must have been glad to get away from my awkwardness. Elise was already on the bus and made sure the only open seat on the bus was the one next to her. Great. I'm sitting next to the leader of the drama, attention hogging, boy crazy department. Oh what fun."Hello Celia, how you gonna act today?" She hadn't figured out my emotion schedule yet but she knew I had one."Well, how am I gonna act? Well I can tell you I ain't tolerating your crap and other Eliseish things." One thing I always had no matter what day was sass just slightly less on happy days, which worked out since she left me alone in my joy on those days. She complained and I randomly made noises, but at school I have a harder time controlling emotions than at home, thus I act crazy, not just talk crazy like I do at home. The moment I got of the bus, I spotted Hazel and Sadie."Hiya holler dollar doodles!" Hazel rolled her eyes."Same to you Celia." Sadie replied. Typically Sadie was the one who could tolerate my emotion nonsense, even in situations like this where I meant to say "Hey guys". Even though they knew they knew the exact schedule it doesn't take an expert to understand it. And that's why Elise hadn't figured it out, she wasn't all that bright."Sooo, Sadie and I talked, and we figured it would be safer if you were in the bathroom with us until the end of pictures." Hazel said hesitantly."Why?" Sadie and I asked."Because I've been observing your behavior, and typically your emotions act up less when there is less people, so the less lines you are near, the better." Hazel explained. She was immensely smart. Homeroom passed by faster than usual and so did A, B, C, and D period. I knew my luck wouldn't last, picture day was next. I met Hazel and Sadie at the 8th grade bathrooms as I was instructed. They were both already there."Sooo-" I couldn't finish as I dropped to the floor and started rolling around on the tile. An eighth grader walked in at that very moment. How very convenient."Ah! What the hell is wrong with her! Do we need the nurse?" She panicked as I rolled around giggling trying to stop but I couldn't. Sadie and Hazel to the rescue as always, assured her I was fine just excited over a boy. She said she understood and left but none of us thought that was true. I finally stopped and Hazel helped me up. I walked up to the mirror, my hair was a mess!

"Holy Shi-*Pause*kulatas!" I yelled. Did I mention I couldn't swear on goofball or happy days? I replaced swears with weird words like 'Shikulatas' that is one of the weirdest things about the curse. Sadie was great when it came to fixing appearances, which I needed a lot. So she made me look like I didn't have dirt, toilet paper, an God knows what else in my hair a few minutes ago. We rushed to the auditorium and I went first to get my picture so Sadie and Hazel could be there to fix what goes wrong. I sat down, and the photographer commented on how beautiful I was (Got that from mom, one of the many reasons Aunt Morgan is jealous) and I replied back, "Your eyelids match your nostrils very well." She started touching her face and ran away. Great haven't even got my picture yet and I accidentally insulted a photographer. Another guy came over I said nothing, he said nothing. My picture didn't say anything either. I covered my mouth and walked away to avoid making burly man upset by accidentally insulting him. I was surprised how well pictures went. How the rest of the day went, was pretty bad. The end of the day was me accidentally saying things about people's pictures like, "Your picture looks better than an elephant taking a bath!" and they'd reply things like, "Well I'd hope so you little freako." I don't blame them. I also told a teacher her dress looked more beautiful than, "an eagle eating a leaf". Mom got a phone call home for that one. I was so glad I could go home. I don't want to insult anyone else today.