Chapter 2

Brody’s Pov

I was sitting on the table watching my parents serving dinner; Fernando was sitting in between Melody and Brock. He was avoiding my gaze.

He kept squirming on the seat nervously, I knew then he was aware of me watching him from the side of my eye.

I pick up my ice tea and put it on my lips, I notice my dad Sebastian eyeing me suspiciously, and I raised my eyebrows in questioning.

I knew what was coming; I didn’t think it would be this soon.

‘’So, son when do we expect you back at college?’’ There it was, the talk about me going back to my studies.

‘’Sebastian we agreed on waiting before we ask him.’’ Dad Aidan softly murmurs as he sits my plate in front of me.

I sigh as I pick up my fork and stab a few green beans and shove them in my mouth.

As I chew them I look at my family and Fernando.

Might as well come half clean and tell them I won’t be going back.

‘’I’m not going back, I’m doing pretty good financially with the job I have.’’ I tell them as I cut some of my steak and shove it in.

‘’Oh and what is it you do? What kind of job? I mean we hardly hear from you since you quit your studies.’’ I kept on chewing as I stared at my dad, his face shows a few worry lines and I knew it was because of me.

‘’It’s a good job, pays good and I travel a lot, and college isn’t really in my plans.’’ I slowly drawl and I see them both looking at me, Aidan with worry and Sebastian with anger.

I waited to see who would speak up, but my money was on Sebastian.

‘’The hell you’re not, you need a good career and stability.’’ Sebastian shouts trying not to scare my little siblings and I could’ve laugh as he prove me right.

‘’I’m twenty four almost twenty five years old, no offence but it’s my decision.’’ I glare at my fathers and stand up.

‘’My appetite is gone, I’m going to bed’’. I grumble and left my family sitting there.

I know it won’t be the last of this conversation, but I also know that if I stayed there I would say something I would regret.

I lie there on my old bed looking around my old bedroom.

Pictures of the friends I had back in high school, smiling faces from the pretty girls whom were holding each hand.

My life was simple and happy and I wished it was like that now.

But you grow up; you realize life isn’t rainbows and unicorns.

Besides even if I wanted to get out I knew I couldn’t, Jared made it very clear; no one gets out of this business alive.

I shut my eyes wishing sleep would take me.

But it didn’t and now I was thinking about Fernando, he gave me this vibe and my gut was telling me not to trust him.