breakfast

We went down stairs and eddie took a seat on my couch, waiting patiently. I made some pancake batter. then I turned on my stove and put pan on it. I poured the batter on to the stove and watched as it sizzled and bubbled in heat. Eddie was talking to me about one of his "asshole" teachers. I nodded every 20 seconds or so to show i was listening despite my eyes staring at the pancakes, careful to not turn them to char. Once they were equally browned i plopped them onto a plate, grabbed some butter and maple syrup, and slid the plate to eddie. "OJ or coffee?" i asked as I placed the thing of butter and some maple syrup. "OJ please." Eddie says, licking his lips at the delicious plate of pancakes in front of him. I smile and pour him and I a glass of orange juice. I get my own plate of pancakes and sit next to him. Eddie waits patiently for me to sit before eating all his pancakes in just 4 bites. I start eating too but a lot slower. When eddies done with his plate he laughs loudly. I was confused but started to chuckle too at how cute and random his laugh was. When eddie settles down he says, "Holy shit youre a good cook.." I smile. "really? I couldnt tell how much you like my pancakes." I say sarcastically with a small wink and a charming smile. Eddie laughs and pats me on the back. 

he grabs his plate and cleans it over at the sink, dries it, and places it neatly in my cabinet. he does the same with his finished glass of orange juice and then when i finish my meal he repeats his actions, using my my plate and cup instead of his own. "Thanks" I say. Eddie smiled and winks, "just being polite, Harrington." 

When hes done cleaning and i put away the butter and the syrup we go over to my living room to watch a show. eddie sits next to me, resting his head on my shoulder as if weve known eachother for years. I peck his head lightly.  We sit in silence for a while, the only npise being "golden girls" playing on the television. "hey.." I finally say. Eddie lifts his head to look at me. "Should we tell people about us?" I say pointing at him then back at me. eddie shrugs. "I guess if you want. Maybe just dustin and robin because their closest to us." eddie says nonchalantly. Robins name makes me tense. Robin will bring up me "winning the bet". I try and act normal despite a few beads of sweat forming on my face all of the sudden. "yeah i dont know. we started dating just today so maybe in a few days?" I say, hopefully buying myself enough time to talk to robin and maybe even explain the situation to eddie. eddie smiles and nods his head before placing it back on my shoulder.