What's wrong?

I get home and go to the kitchen. As I'm grabbing out something to eat my phone goes off. "Hello?" I answer. "Hey honey, " my dad says. "Hi daddy, you'll never believe who I saw today," I say. "Who?" he asks. "Seth," I say. "What? Where?" "At school. He's my Chemistry teacher, " I explain. "Oh I'm going to k-" he doesn't finish his sentence. "What were you about to say dad?" I ask. "What do you mean? I wasn't going to say anything," he says. "Yes you were," I say. "No I wasn't, but anyways I called to let you know that I'll be home in 2 weeks," he says. I decide not to press it anymore and say, "Yay, how long will you be home for?" "About a week," he says. "Okay, well I got to go," I say. "Okay honey, love you. Bye," he says and hangs up. I hang up and go eat then go get on the computer.

     The next day I walk into school and go to my locker to drop off some things, and then head off to art without even seeing Dawn. In art the teacher has us draw something that we think symbolizes ourselves. I decide to draw a mask that's starting to crack.

     At lunch I sit with Dawn, Drake, and Alex. "What's up?" I ask as i sit. "Not much," Alex and Drake say. Dawn just looks up at me then looks back down. "Dawn, what's wrong?" I ask. "Nothing," she says not looking at me. "Don't lie to me, we have been best friends for 6 years. Please tell me," I say as the boys leave. "It's nothing really," she says. "Fine if you won't tell me now, come over to my house around 4," I say. "Okay." Then the bell rings.

     I walk into the Chemistry classroom and look around because no one is there and I'm late. "Where is everyone?" I ask as Seth walks out of the back closet. "I have 4th hour prep," he says. "Oh, okay. Um, where do I sit?" I ask. "Well for my prep you can sit at the table next to my desk. Then during 5th when I have a class you can sit at my desk," he explains. "Okay," I say as I sit where he told me to. Seth sits at his desk and it's quiet for a few minutes. I finally ask, "So what's your girlfriend like?" "Well, she's nice, funny, and has a great personality," he says. "Well I want to meet her," I say. "Okay, you can. Um can I come over tonight?" "Why?" I ask. "Because... I want to see how the house has changed since last time I was there," he says. "Oh, it has changed a lot," I exclaim. "Okay, does that mean I can come over?" he asks. "Sure, how about 6?" I ask. "Why not sooner?" he asks. "Because my friend Dawn is coming over at 4," I explain. "Oh, okay, 6 it is," he says. We continue to talk until the bell rings for 5th hour. Students start filing in and Drake is among them. He sits at the back alone. Seth stand up to start class and I take his place. Seth does the exact same thing as he did during my class yesterday. He has everyone, including me, introduce themselves and then for the last 30 minutes they ask him questions. I raise my hand and after 3 questions Seth notices and calls on me. "What's your girlfriends name?" "Oh, it's Alexa," he says. "Cool," I say and then the bell rings. "Alright class, you are dismissed, but Midnight can I talk to you for a moment?" Seth asks. "Sure," I say and stay seated. Once everyone is gone Seth comes over and says, "So you said you wanted to meet Alexa right?" "Yeah." "Well I just wanted to ask if maybe when I come over tonight I could bring her with me?" he says. "Sure, that'd be fine, just remember don't come over until 6," I say. "Thank's Midnight, and I know not until 6," he says. "Okay see ya tonight," I say and leave.