New Discoveries

At school I park, lock my car, and walk inside. I head straight to my locker and before I can even open it I hear someone yell, "Midnight!" and tackle me to the ground. I groan and push off my best friend, Dawn. I've known Dawn since the sixth grade, we've been besties since. I get up and brush all the dust off of my pants and glare at Dawn. "What?" she asks innocently. "Well for a 95lb girl you sure can tackle hard," I say. "Sorry, it's just, I haven't seen you all summer,"She says. "Dawn you saw me 2 weeks ago. It's only the first day of senior year," I say rolling my eyes at her forgetfulness. "Oh yeah huh." "Yeah now  if you'll excuse me I need to get to my locker," i say shoving her out of the way. I shove my jacket in and slam it shut. Dawn is staring at me like a creeper until I ask, "What? Is there something on my face?" "I forgot to tell you!" she yells in my face. "Tell me what?" "Are you taking 2nd year Chemistry this year?" She asks. "Yeah, Why?" "Because Mrs. Dates retired, and there's a new teacher!" She says excitedly. "So..?" I say "Sooo, I heard he's like 24 and HOT!" She explains. "Ugh! Please don't try to flirt with the new teacher. he is a TEACHER, you are a STUDENT," i say. "Fine... where's your schedule, I want to see if we have any classes together." She says changing the subject. I dig it out of my bag and hand it to her. She scans it quickly and smiles up at me. "We have all the same classes! Calculus, AP Literature, Gym, Lunch, Woodshop, and then Chemistry 2," Dawn says. "What about B days?" I ask. "She looks back down and frowns. "No, i have weight lifting, chorus, art, lunch, pottery, then TA for the office. You have art, weight lifting, lifetime sports, lunch and then TA-" Dawn doesn't finish her sentence but her eyes go wide. "What? Who do I TA for, and what's my last class?" I ask taking my schedule from her. I look and see that it says I TA for Chemistry 2 the last 2 classes of the day. "WHAT?!" I yell. "Lucky," i hear Dawn whisper. "Hey, i just noticed that the new teacher has the same last name as me," i say ignoring Dawns comment. "That's weird," Dawn says. The bell rings and we head to Calculus.