Coming of Age

Terra was blind since birth. Today was her 4th birthday. Her parents awaited her. They did not hold their daughters hand, instead they let her walk out the room and into the heart of the mountain, or what the Rei clan called home. Blind children were a gift to that clan, a treasure. And for one reason Hahanarudaich the kekei genkai of the Rei clan. Since age two Terra was trained to be able to feel vibrations in the ground. She was taught Ninjutsu, Genjutsu and taijutsu and learned how to master it. When she learned to communicate she was given a test to discover her chakra nature. To everyone's surprise the paper split into five and turned into the elements Fire,Water,Air,Earth and Lightning. She was already in possession of both yin and Yang chakra and had a colossal amount of chakra. At age 3 she was the most skilled fighter in her whole clan without her kekei genkai. Originally the Rei clan was split into 5. They had the power to control the 5 chakra natures. The only element with a drawback was earth so they trained how to overcome their weakness and soon it became a strength. The kekei genkai was originally called Zandaka meaning balance but since the demise of the elements that left the promised security has been changed to Hahanarudaichi meaning Mother Earth. In over 100 years no one has inherited the kekei genkai but they know how to commence the ceremony of Sight as they called it. For the first tome in her life, Terra would be able to see.