Chapter 20

"You have a TV? In your room? For yourself?"

Nikolai shrugs his shoulders and lays down on the bed next to me again after having opened his closet to reveal a whole ass television. A giant one at that.

"I do."

I look at him in awe. What a great day to be dating the rich kid.

Nikolai and I have been in his room for over an hour. My friends are probably looking for me now, wanting to try on the dresses, but I have absolutely no intention to leave.

After spending some time kissing, him pinning me against the wall, we moved things to his king-sized bed, where we have laid for the past half hour, kissing and talking about random shit.

Still fully clothed, much to my disappointment.

Now, after two weeks of meetings in dark storage rooms or cold indoor pools, he has revealed to me that he is in possession of a room without a roommate but a television instead.

"Why on earth did we sneak around, especially at night, risking getting caught when you have a whole ass room to yourself? Plus a television?"

"Because you said you love a secret. And sneaking around is both more secretive and fun. Also, I think it's romantic."

He puts an arm around me, and I snuggle into him, putting my head on his chest. Then I snatch the remote from him and zap through the different programs.

After a while, my eyes land on a little electronic box right next to the television.

"A Wii! Wanna play Mario-"

A knock appears on the door, startling the both of us.
"Nikolai? Are you in there? Hey, why's the door locked?"

"I... just a second!", Nikolai yells back, and we look at each other, panic in both of our eyes. Hectically, I look around in the room for a place for me to hide, and spontaneously, I decide to go for the closet.

Typical bisexual move.

I squeeze in between an army of black button ups and shirts, and Nikolai shuts the door in front of me. Then I hear a key being turned in a look and the door to his room being opened.

"Finally, dude. What the fuck took you so long?"

"None of your business. What do you want?"

Very polite, Nikolai. Great communication skills.

The foreign boy laughs. "Chill out, man. Why so tense? Do you have a girl in here?" Footsteps appear, as if the boy had entered the room.

"No. I don't. I'm simply not too fond of your company right now. Or ever."

But the boy whose voice I don't recognize just continues to think out loud.
"Maybe that blond chick? What's she called again... Jules?"

"Her name is June. And what the fuck are you on about? No one is in here. Besides you. And I'd really appreciate it if you left as well."

"Wouldn't blame you if she was, though. She's smoking hot. I mean, look at those legs... Also, she was basically sleeping on you on that bus from Manchester."

"I'm done with the conversation now."
I can tell by the sound of his voice that Nikolai's jaw is clenched.

"But if you don't want her? Great. There are plenty of people who would be more than happy to take her. Did you know there are bets going around on who is going to be the first to sleep-"

Excuse me, what?

I am on the verge of breaking out of the closet to drown whoever the fuck is talking in the sink, but right in that moment, I hear a loud thud, as if someone had been pushed against the wall.