{12} life of secrecy

July 1922, South Korea

Jungkook was awkwardly seated on the giant rock along with some strangers, Taehyung right next to him. He wouldn't lie, it was such a tough day for him all in all.

It was no surprise that 98% of the people on this trip were from the elite class, which made a lot of sense. The commoners wouldn't send their children to such trips since they didn't want to spend their precious money on this and also knew that it wasn't so easy to survive among these arrogant rich kids.

Seemingly, Jungkook was going through the same.

Ever since they had arrived, he had been passed those disgusted looks and the unfair treatment of ignorance and not so friendly people. However, he was glad he had Taehyung who made sure he wouldn't focus on these shortcomings and tried his very best to distract him from the unkind atmosphere he suddenly had to face.

It was currently night and after a collective dinner, the students had gathered to hear out instructions for the next day while being circled around a campfire. Jungkook wouldn't lie but despite the hardships, this was actually turning out to be pretty fun.

They went hiking around noon and returned in the evening. Everyone, including his legs hurt a lot more than expected but the whole excitement to think of the following days was enough to bring back the energy.

A teacher who seemed to be the only friendly person apart from Taehyung this whole time announced the early morning schedule for the next day. Most of the area around this hill wasn't given permission to explore by the Japanese so the decisions had to be made with a lot of thinking.

It was getting late at night and everyone was walking back to the giant tent, a collective camp for everyone with a separation of girls on the right and boys to the left. The star studded sky couldn't get rid of Jungkook's attention until Taehyung tapped his shoulder, taking an advantage of the crowd rushing off to take their spots.

"What?" Jungkook whispered back, walking ever so normally to not look suspicious.

"Let's sneak out." Taehyung suggested, an innocent grin never leaving his face. Jungkook's eyes widened at that, the idea sounding a bit too dangerous.

"You need to really think before you speak. It's impossible to sneak out." Jungkook made his steps faster, not wanting to discuss any longer.

"We'll be back soon. Even if the teacher finds out, he won't say a lot since I'm his favourite."

Jungkook chuckled at his cute little explanation and it wasn't long until his wrist was grabbed by the boy and he was secretly, far from the eyes of everyone else, taken away from the campsite. Into a deeper area of the forest, the two dashed away with the happiest grins decorating their faces.

After a long run and exhausting themselves, they abruptly came to  halt. A series of pants and deep breaths left their mouths before they fell back onto the grassy ground of this beautiful place. It was darker than ever, the only light being the one illuminated by the moon itself. Twinkling stars could be worth a mention, stealing the look Jungkook's eyes had very often.

"You're amazing, Tae." Jungkook whispered, his gaze initially up at the night sky was now diverted to the ground as he sat up to sit straight.

The elder followed the action, both sliding backwards to rest their backs against a giant tree trunk, now sitting under this unknown tree's shelter.

"It's said that one shouldn't stay around trees at night." Jungkook spoke in a while, looking over at Taehyung sitting on his left.

"Well, we are kinda doing that right now. Should we get up?"