{5} self realisation

June 1922, South Korea

It had become an everyday routine for the two boys to meet at the park daily. They wouldn't miss a day, whatever may be the circumstances. The arrangement went on for about two weeks, all too peacefully and blissfully.

Just like any other day, the two were talking about their matters of concerns and interests when the nature decided to shower its rain out of the blue. It was so unexpected, considering the awfully sunny afternoon which had passed not too long ago.

"Wow what?" Was Taehyung's reaction on witnessing the sudden rain. Both the boys, hand in hand, ran outside the widely spread park in the fastest possible way. They could barely find any shelter nearby and after running for about a few more meters away from the park they ended up in a tunnel.

It was a small tunnel opposite to the park's location, suitable for only people who were on foot. Vehicles other than bicycles were impossible to be brought through the path. Surprisingly enough, they were the only people on the entire patch. No other soul could be seen around.

The sky had grown a lot darker, making it hard to look around upon entering the tunnel. The temperature was getting colder and colder while the two boys could barely even catch up to their breaths after such a long run in the rain.

"It's freezing." Taehyung mumbled, rubbing his palms against each other so as to create some warmth within. The younger repeated the actions, totally agreeing with him on the point.

As far as their vision was concerned, they could clearly make out each other's faces and the walls of the tunnel which was also possible only due to the small amount of light entering the tunnel through the openings from one end. The other end couldn't be seen in the slightest and all that could be observed in that direction was pitch black darkness and deep silence.

"How do you plan on going back now?" Taehyung asked suddenly, standing before the younger who had been leaning against the wall this entire time.

"Will wait for the rain to stop."

"That accounts for a longer hour of our meet up today then." Taehyung let out with a wide smile, earning a small chuckle from the younger.

It was that moment when their eyes suddenly met and it didn't take a whole lot of while to be sucked into the magic that both their eyes held.

"Sounds about right." Jungkook's smile had faded away by now and was replaced by a mysteriously well made expression, which could almost be mistaken for nothing in particular. However, it held some kind of an emotion. A very strong one.

The two continued their staring contest, not even a tad bit aware of their surroundings anymore. It was as if the glimmering doe eyes of the younger held in them billions of galaxies and star studded skies. As if the captivating eyes of the elder were the epitome of hypnotic. They were simply lost, standing dangerously close. Way closer than necessary.

The mystical and musical sound of rain drops hitting the ground and everything around them seemed to be adding up to their sudden found moment of intimacy. It was so beautiful and so welcoming that the two had lost track of their time.

The boys were dripping in water from head to toe, seeming quite unfazed by the cool wave of wind blowing in their direction. Taehyung couldn't take his eyes off the younger as much as he tried. He looked so stunning, all drenched in rain and hair spreading unevenly across his head.

It didn't make sense to him. How was it even possible? Was he really having such thoughts about a boy? The realisation struck him for a moment before quickly withdrawing itself. It was as if the boy's face made him forget all his sins, all his troubles, all his worries.