{14} perfectly fucked up

September 2022, South Korea

There was extreme depression. He felt so sad, so fucking exhausted. He didn't know what was going on or if he was even in his right senses. All he knew was that he was running.

Running and running and running. His destination didn't seem to appear at all. No idea who or what he had been running for but it was definitely taking a toll on him.

He ran across an awfully familiar street with numerous rich possessions and bungalows, a small park, a giant tunnel, the garden full of thorny rose bushes. He could feel some thorns sticking up to his old fashioned clothes and skin but he could care less.

Running for another minute, he reached a valley somehwere around the top of a hill. It was way up high, almost shaking him up. He didn't know if he had lost his mind or if there was some unknown reason to it but he completely ignored the cliff only about a few metres away from him.

He did not stop his feet and eventually the cliff came. He felt his foot slipping, a loud yell resounding in the valley.

Before he could feel the gravity pull him downwards with its obstructive force, his eyes shot open and he snapped out of the nightmare. His heart was beating erratically as he got up to sit straight on his spot.

Sweat was dripping down his forehead, lips were dry and all he could do was let out a few rushed breaths, almost panting. His hand instantly made way to his chest as he shut his eyes, letting out a sigh in relief.

What a terrible dream it was! It was pointless to think about it but Jungkook was way too paranoid lately. He knew these weird dreams which have bothered him for a while now had some meaning. He could not dare ignore them.

It wasn't a very good start for his day and making way to the university seemed like an even greater task today. He would cautiously walk or do any task of the day, making sure he was away from all sorts of dangers.

He can't be blamed, of course. The boy had dreamt of almost dying that morning.

The day was going just as he had expected. Shitty. All his friends questioned his weirdly scared behaviour but he simply shrugged it off, saying he didn't know what they meant. It's hard to sound okay when one is not and this fact was the biggest bother in his life sometimes.

"Do you wanna talk?" Namjoon was now the one to ask. Amazing. Exactly who was left at this point who hadn't already asked him such stupid questions since morning?

"No hyung. Don't worry and tell others the same. My mood is slightly off today. That's it." He said, getting up from his chair and walking out of the cafeteria. The college hours had ended and many students were hanging around in the cafeteria or in the ground to refresh themselves before heading back home.

On his way out, he didn't realise because of the haste he was in and tripped on a stair. He was fortunate to have a tall pole standing next to him, holding it firmly so as to not tumble and fall over. A breath of relief, accompanied by a rising heartbeat was felt.

Oh no.

Jungkook suddenly felt uncomfortable about the situation. He took a break, simply standing on the ground for a good minute before deciding that he couldn't go home like this. His palms had started to grow sweaty and heartbeat had picked up its pace insanely. After the terrible dream, everything seemed like a potential threat to him. This was so not okay.

With another set of cautious and steady steps, he made his way to the male restroom. The anxiety bubbling within him asked him to run but his head knew he would trip for sure. After a bunch of slow steps, he was soon inside.