Chapter 6

Ash led me back inside the castle, where the queen had been expecting us.

"Ashton!? Where have you been!?" She cried.

"I went roar on him!" I giggled.

She looked at both of us. "What happened?"

"We got into a fight with the evil king. Iris used outrage, so she's dealing with the side effects," Ash explained.

"Your shirt is soft," I said, clinging onto the fabric as if it were my life.

The queen nodded. "Take her too her room, and maybe watch over her until it wears off. I don't want her hurting herself..."

"He's ugly now!" I snickered.

The queen glanced at Ash.

"She... Cut off a lot of his hair," Ash shrugged, carrying me away.

"Make sure not to go into the forests anytime soon!" The queen called out.

Ash led me into what I guess was now my room, and plopped me on the bed. I snuggled up against a pillow. "Gasoline in a snowstorm..." I murmured.

"Uh... Huh," Ash said, raising an eyebrow. He took out something from his backpack, a tiny worn out book. Maybe a journal?

He jotted stuff down on it, tore the page, and sat it on my nightstand.

"You're cute," I murmured.

"What?" Ash gasped, his cheeks turning crimson.

I laughed, once more.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't," He sighed, ruffling my hair. I rubbed my head, before I fell asleep. Like, snapped out like a light.

§

I woke up with a groan, my head pounding. "What happened..?"

I spotted the note that laid flat on the nightstand. I took it, hoping for an explication.

Hey Iris!

You probably remember up 'till when your dad came, right? Well, you used outrage on him. Then you were dealing with the side effects, and honestly, I didn't know your laugh was so cute! Hopefully it was your actual laugh, and not from the side effects. Anyways, hope you feel good in the morning, don't know how it works. Come get me if you need anything!

Ash Ketchum

P.S. Don't call me Ashy. Your excused since you were dealing with the side effects, but it's too much like someone else I know's nickname for me.

I blushed.

He thought my laugh was cute!?

Then I remembered my grinding headache. I covered my head with the blanket, letting out a big heaping of a sigh. "Out of sight, out of mind I guess..."

I dealt with my headache for what seemed like centuries, until I heard the door open.

"Iris?" I heard Ash's voice. Suddenly I felt just a bit happier. "Are you alright?"

"Headache," I answered bluntly.

"Want me to get you some Tylenol?" Ash offered.

I grumbled in agreement.

Ash left the room, and came back with a tiny cup with some liquid. He sat down on my bed as I took it.

"Does this usually happen for people after outrage?" Ash asked.

I shrugged. "It always happens to me, but who knows? Maybe because I'm not used to it yet."

Ash nodded. "Well, get some rest. I'll come back with some lunch and dinner at some point, so don't get to comfy. Oh, and you should probably use your bathroom before going to bed."

"Why?" I asked.

"Well, whenever I don't, I wet the bed..." Ash admitted.

"Pfft, you kid," I snickered.