Chapter 2

He ran up to the queen, doing a slight bow. I assumed the king was doing something, maybe with his loyal subjects?

"Ashton?" The queen asked, her brown braid swinging as she tilted her head. "Who's this girl you brought? And why is she so... Dirty?"

"Mother," He started.

I gasped. He was the prince!? Oh, my-

"I found a prisoner tumbling out of the woods. She said she had been born into slavery, and she had recently escaped. I was wondering if she could stay with us?" He pleaded. I assumed his name was Ashton, as that's how the queen titled him.

The queen hummed curiously. "What's your name?" She looked at me.

"U-umm, a name?" I stuttered. Luckily, I chatted with a girl who I had gotten the story from. She wasn't given a name, her parents killed as soon as she was born. Everyone just called her Little Slave.

"N-no one ever gave me a name... My parents were killed as soon as I was born, the queen and king seeing them useless after giving birth to me. Everyone just calls me Little Slave..." I just decided to stick with it. I felt so bad, lying like this. I felt like I was stealing someone else's life!

The queen gave me a sorrowful expression. "Oh, you poor thing... Ashton, she can stay here. There's a guest room across yours that she can use."

Ashton grabbed my wrist. "C'mon! We probably have some spare clothes that would fit you, too."

I smiled, and I saw the queen casting me a glance.

He led me into a room, which, honestly, was bigger than my room at home! How big was the good's territory?

"I'll go ask my mom if we have some clothes you can have. Be right back!" Ashton waved, smiling.

I felt this weird feeling in my stomach. What was going on? Seems like some bug powered person forced a bunch of butterflies into my stomach!

I thought for a moment, processing everything. I then remembered the walky talky thing mom had given me. I quickly got it, and stepped on it. It didn't budge at all.

I opened up a window, throwing it off as far as I could. I have no idea where it went. Ashton came back, with some clothing in hand.

"Mom said that this is from when she was about twelve. Hopefully it fits! You can come get me when you're done, just knock on the door right across the hall," He said, before shutting the door.

I changed into one of the pairs of clothing. It was a cream-colored shirt, with a pink collar. It had a matching pink skirt, which had a giant bow on the end. I also put on some white leggings, and some boots that I found near the door. Don't know who's they've been, but I guess they're mine now!

I slowly opened the door, surprised when it didn't creak. This place is so much better than my castle. I slowly stepped up to the door, and hesitantly knocked on it.

"Come in!" I heard Ashton's muffled voice.

I opened the door, peaking my head in. I saw Ashton laying on the floor.

"I-is something wrong, Ashton..?" I stuttered. Since when did I become the shy type?

"First, you can call me Ash. My mom just call my Ashton to be all formal," Ashton, who I guess was now Ash, explained. "Secondly, my mouse got out of his cage and I don't know where he went."

"You have a mouse?" I asked. I'd always wanted a mouse!

"His name's Pikachu. He hates his cage, but I need to keep them in there. He might get out of the castle."